Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Engagement Photo Outfit Advice/Tips?

I am currently trying to figure out outfits for our engagement session.  We only have an hour so I think 2 outfits is enough.  Does anyone have any advice or tips?  Things to avoid?  TIA! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Engagement Photo Outfit Advice/Tips?

• Options

I'd just do one outfit each.

Don't go totally matchy matchy, but do coordinate/complement each other.  Go for textures - denim, cable knit, etc. photograph a lot better than 100% cotton tees.  Contrast is good - color, shape, fit, layers.  Avoid prints or anything too busy.  Generally solids are recommended.  I always like V-necks, I feel like they are flattering on most people and draw the eye up to the face and eyes.  And overall, have fun!

• Options
    I like the idea of two outfits as long as you can change quickly because an hour goes by quick!  My best advice (and I do this often) is take pictures from a few angles in the outfits you're thinking of wearing and choose the best from the photos.  And I agree with Drama, don't go all matchy matchy and avoid busy prints.  Also don't forget about accessories!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with the PP, go for complimentary outfits not matching ones, and take some pictures of them yourself to see if you like the way they look.
     For our portaits we actually broke the "busy prints" rule, and I thought they came out nice, but we didn't both try to pull off a print at the same time.  What we did is for one set of pictures he wore a print(yellow plaid!) and I wore a solid white shirt with a yellow camisole, and for the other set he wore a solid black shirt and I wore a black and white polka-dot shirt.  We were going for a very casual look though, so that's something to keep in mind. 
    I will reccommend to try to bring your personality into your pictures- bring props along, wear a favorite item of clothing, let yourself shine.  If you are concerned about how an item will photograph, bring it along and ask the photographer if they can work with it.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket image Photobucket
  • Options
    for ours, I wore a gray sweater dress with tights and short boots; FI wore a navy polo, khakis, and boat shoes.

i liked the pictures! but we also took ours in a park setting, so i thought the neutral tones balanced well with the grass, trees, etc.

in the end, wear what you're comfortable with :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Make sure you feel great in what you're wearing! If you don't feel 100%, you won't look 100% in your pictures. When your confidence isn't super high, you won't look as gorgeous as you really are.
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards