Wedding Woes
Options

This kid is killing me

DD1:  Can we take a bath?  (She and DD2)

Me:  No, not right now.

DD1:  Why?

Me:  DD2 can't get her cast wet.

DD1:  Can I take a bath by myself?

Me:  No.

DD1:  Why?

Me:  It would make DD2 feel bad.  Do you want her to feel bad?

DD1:  No.  But it makes me feel bad that I can't take a bath.

::sigh::  I can't win.  Maybe I'll let her take one during naptime.

Re: This kid is killing me

• Options
    Oh man...When they start using logic and your own words to bite you in the ass, it's time for a drink.  ;)
  • Options
    That's awesome.
  • Options
    Um, yeah, I'm on DD1's side on this.  (SORRY TAW!)
  • Options
    Both girls love their baths.  :)
  • Options
    She seems to be getting the hang of logic there, darn it. ;)

How is DD2 doing with her cast?
  • Options
    The bargaining and logic kills me. DS wants a cookie. I say no. He points out that he's been a good boy. I can't argue, he has. He tells me he said please. Again, he did. Still no. According to him, he's done everything he should. So then he asks if he's a bad boy. No, he hasn't but I can't seem to explain that you don't always get what you want when you want it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-kid-is-killing-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:493d8076-1ada-4de0-bfaa-227824c663e8Post:f0e83bab-308f-47cf-ad97-4b30b076d059">Re: This kid is killing me</a>:
    [QUOTE]The bargaining and logic kills me. DS wants a cookie. I say no. He points out that he's been a good boy. I can't argue, he has. He tells me he said please. Again, he did. Still no. According to him, he's done everything he should. So then he asks if he's a bad boy. No, he hasn't but I can't seem to explain that you don't always get what you want when you want it.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

Time to just burst into song... "You can't get always get what you want..."  ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-kid-is-killing-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:493d8076-1ada-4de0-bfaa-227824c663e8Post:43ae6229-8381-4603-9401-2e720025e473">Re: This kid is killing me</a>:
    [QUOTE]She seems to be getting the hang of logic there, darn it. ;) How is DD2 doing with her cast?
    Posted by jojobrn[/QUOTE]

She's doing really well.  She doesn't even act like it's bothering her, aside from having to adjust her balance those first few days.  She'd start running down the hall and veer to the right.  It was cute, but sad at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards