Bridalicious Boot Camp

The Awful Armpit Bulge

I was wondering if anyone could give me some good tips for workouts I can do to get rid of the armpit fat?? I have tried everything...including diet and exercise...but this is the only place that I am having a really hard time targeting...Wedding isnt until July...but I would love to get it gone before tank top season rolls around again!

Re: The Awful Armpit Bulge

• In Response to The Awful Armpit Bulge:
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some good tips for workouts I can do to get rid of the armpit fat?? I have tried everything...including diet and exercise...but this is the only place that I am having a really hard time targeting...Wedding isnt until July...but I would love to get it gone before tank top season rolls around again!
    Posted by almostmrsb2012
    Hi almostmrsb2012! I have a couple of ways to reply to your "armpit bulge" question. First of all, how much overall bodyfat are still trying to lose? If an individual is already lean and toned, but still has this issue, it might only be something that can be addressed via surgery. I am not recommending surgery, I am just saying that sometimes no amount of diet or exercise can get rid of this with a certain percentage of people.

Other than that, I would continue to focus on getting as lean as possible by losing as much body fat all over your entire figure. Fat cannot be spot reduced, and the stubborn areas vary from person to person. Upper body exercises, especially pushups are the exercise of choice for that area.

Try my "Turbo Pushups" formula:
    Get a stopwatch (an iPhone works great) and place it on the floor in plain sight.
    For 20 seconds, perform as many pushups as possible (without losing your proper form).
    Immediately rest for 10 seconds and then start another round of 20 seconds.
    Repeat this 20 sec ON and 10 sec OFF for 8 straight rounds.
    As long as you allow your upper body to recover with a rest day in between workouts, continue to do these 8 rounds of Turbo pushups as a "finisher" to every workout.

Good luck and also communicate with me on our Bridalicious by The Knot FB page.

The Knot Fitness Coach Doug

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards