California-Northern
Options

Where are you getting your hair and makeup done?

I'm getting married in Sacramento in July and I'm looking around for a hair and make up place, so where are y'all doing yours? Do they have decent prices?

My venue has a salon, but for bridal hair it's $160 and bridal make up is $120. That's freaking ridiculous.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where are you getting your hair and makeup done?

• Options
    emazzuccaemazzucca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I'm getting my makeup done by Traci Lynn out of Auburn.  She is reasonable in price and travels to you!  We did a consultation and I loved what she did.
    http://www.tracilynnmakeup.com/
  • Options
    msramelmsramel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at St. Francis of Assisi downtown Sacramento and am getting ready at either the Hyatt or Sheraton. Look at going to Mosaic Salon. My hairstylist is Kayla and she referred Suzanne to do my makeup (Cost of $75 for bridal makeup, $65 for consultation). I have been going to Kayla for haircuts, etc for 6 yrs now so she is going to be my hair. I like the idea of going to one place for 2 hrs and be done and ready to go. They also go on location if you have enough people who need thier hair and makeup done.

I would also talk to ladies at the makeup counter. I found a girl at Macys Bobbi Brown counter and she was a sweetheart. They can do a free consulatiion too, but they might push you to buy some products.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a trial with Traci Lynn later on this month and I think I am getting my hair done at a shop in Elk Grove. I need to schedule a trial with them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had makeup trials with the above mentioned people but ended up doing my own makeup....hard to find someone in this area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Lea Savio and she was awesome!!! You can find her info in my bio. She was on-time, did an excellent job, and was very reasonable as far as pricing. Definitely call her and see if you can schedule a trial.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards