Retro and Vintage Weddings

Vintage theme brides!

Did you guys have vintage music all night at your wedding? We've found music that's 50's and onwards, but most of it is slow. We would like the guests to dress vintage but is that too much to ask of them if we can't totally make the wedding have a vintage feel? Thanking you in advance
Definition of WEDDING 1: a marriage ceremony usually with its accompanying festivities : nuptials 2: an act, process, or instance of joining in close association 3: a wedding anniversary or its celebration! Hence a 2nd wedding forum isn't JUST for ppl getting married again! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vintage theme brides!

• SORRY! IGNORE THIS I DOWNLOADED THE NEW EXPLORER :( I RECOMMEND THAT YOU don't download explorer 9.
    Definition of WEDDING 1: a marriage ceremony usually with its accompanying festivities : nuptials 2: an act, process, or instance of joining in close association 3: a wedding anniversary or its celebration! Hence a 2nd wedding forum isn't JUST for ppl getting married again! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    For music, Hell No!   Most reputable DJs will recommend that you have a mix of music styles and a mix of eras as well.  This will get everyone out on the dance floor from Great Aunt Mildred  and Uncle Sammy to the teenage cousins.   We had everything from Frank to Ella to Elvis to Fabian to Cher to Sting to Fergie.  A good DJ will mix it up to keep the crowd happy.    Ours also asked us for a do not play list.  We asked him to avoid rap, limit country and not play Sweet Caroline.  DH is an insane Yankees fan.   With this mix, our dance floor was filled all evening. 

While every bride is welcome to invite her guests to dress in vintage attire, it is demanding and uncouth to require vintage attire. The best way to address this is to use the phrase 'vintage attire optional' on the invitations the same as a formal party will say 'black tie optional'
  • We plan on having classical only during dinner. For a Victorian theme, I wouldn't want other genres or modern music playing. However, after we cut the cake and start dancing, we're having all kinds of music. Our guests would be terribly disappointed if we only had music from the 1880s playing. 

If you want to do the themeing with your music, I'd say that the best time to do it is during dinner and your first dance. 
    Photobucket
  • Thanks guys, I'll get the invites to state vintage attire optional.
    I found some more music thanks to another knottie and we will play it up to dinner and then have contemporary music :)
  • I saw someone put on their wedding website a link to a picture that showed the guests what kind of attire they would like them to wear.  It wasn't mandatory or anything just said optional but I thought it was a good idea to give people an idea of what you are thinking about. People's definition of "vintage" aren't always the same :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards