North Carolina

Proof my invite please

Hi ladies. I have the first draft of my invite complete! I would really appreciate it if you would proof it for me and give any suggestions. Here is a pic but you can probably see the one in my blog better. TIA!

Re: Proof my invite please

• edited December 2011
    Here are my recs:

I would spell honor – honour (I just think this looks better and a bit more elegant IMO)

I would take out ‘on Saturday’ and just make it Saturday

NC needs to be spelled out to North Carolina

image Ellie and Morgan
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do honor either way, the american (-or) or brittish (-our) but just be consistent with how you spell "favo(u)r of reply" on the response card, so that they match.   I personally used honor/favor because I don't like the look of the other spellings.

I would break up the text slightly, with two blank lines.  I would add a line space between "as they unite in marriage" and "Saturday, the fifth of June ...."
    and also between the time and the location line.  This will help to break up the large amount of information for guests and be more aesthetically pleasing.

I too would remove the "at"  and "on", as these are not needed and don't really add anything to the wording. 

Also, instead of eleven thirty in the morning, try "half past eleven o'clock in the morning", this is a much more elegant wording IMO. With this, you could do "in the morning" or leave it out, whichever you prefer. 

So, this is how I would do it:

Krystal ........   ................
    and
    Joshua ..........  ................

together with their parents
    request the honor of your presence
    as they unite in marriage

Saturday, the fifth of June
    Two thousand ten
    half past eleven o'clock (in the morning)

All Saint's Chapel 
    110 South East Street
    Raleigh, North Carolina

• edited December 2011
    If you're printing them yourself, you can do as you wish, but if you're using any of the large printing companies, the year date actually prints as "two thousand and ten", which is what you see in any of the images if you google wedding invitations. This was something we struggled with because some people actually speak the "and" and some don't. My invitations read "two thousand and ten".
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How to correctly write the year is always disputed, because it can come down to a matter of preference. But, I'm pretty sure that "Two thousand ten" is the proper way to write it, especially so it makes sense mathematically. 
  • edited December 2011
    I like Meredith's revisions. I think it flows nicely. I would leave out the "in the morning", just my opinion though.
  • edited December 2011
    I would also leave out morning.  Pretty sure most people know you're not planning to get married in the middle of the night ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards