March 2013 Weddings
Options

Hello Everyone March 13th Bride Here :)

Just wanna say hello and hope you all are as excitied as I am about marrying your best friend and soul mate....hope to share all our experiences of planning and celebrating our March weddings together.

My name is Karin and I am marrying Bill.  I am 45 and he is 43.  I have one daughter Rylie age 6.  He has three grown children ages 20,22,24.  We have known each other for quite some time but have been engaged since July.  We are both previously divorced and this will be a second marriage for both of us but, we are going to make it MORE special than our first.

Bill is retired military and a tattoo artist and I am a stay at home mom (formerly business management).  We live in rural Arkansas but, we are both transplants here...me from MD and him from AZ.  Nice to meet everyone.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c198/turtlegirl01/005-Copy.jpg
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello Everyone March 13th Bride Here :)

• Options
    Welcome!  How far into the planning are you?? 
    March 2013 Oct Siggy-Hair Inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Thanks for all the HELLO's everyone...as for the PLANNING......I am moving along but changing things daily. 

Our theme is white/red/black and wedding/reception will be in a nice hall overlooking a lake.  Since my fiance' is a tattoo artist & tarot card reader and very much into the dark-gothic-vampire-creepy stuff ... we are incorporating SOME MINOR touches to make the wedding FUN & INTERESTING and add some things that are sooo him.  I don't wanna have it ALL in my taste so we are combining each of our LIKES in the reception.  So our friends see a little of EACH of our personalities in the wedding.

We have the engagement ring and wedding bands, we have reserved the ceremony/reception hall for 3-13-13, we have the guest list done (75 people).  Tomorrow, I am most likely getting my gown online.  It is a simple halter style, straight line chiffon dress with chapel train.

Since this is a second wedding for both, we are doing alot of this on our own and really watching our budget because a nice vacation to Tybee Island, GA would be soooo nice.  LOL.

So we have planned with a family friend to handle all the food (buffet style), the 3 bridesmaids "knee length" dresses are chosen but not ordered yet.  M/O will be in black.  2 Bridesmaids in red.  Groomsmen will be in black pants, red shirts, black ties.  Bill will be in black pants, black shirt, red vest, red tie, and black fedora hat.

I am adding RED accent pieces with my gown ... I have a relative that makes jewelry and she is designing the RED & BLACK matching bead neclaces for myself & my bridesmaids.  I am adding a red sash with my gown, red shoes, and red head piece.

As far as the unusual gothic FUN touches will be the three tier red iced cake with black lace looking icing and hysterical black/white/red skeleton cake topper that says Love Never Dies.  Found Bath & Body Works Vampire Blood Hand Soap for in the restrooms and as wedding favors, small plastic goblets (w/skeleton hand) which will hold M&Ms.  Still undecided on centerpieces......yet.

Table coverings red with black plates.  I think that is all I have done so far but, since I have MONTHS to go more will definately be added.  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like you have a lot figured out!!!  The budget is always a tough thing, I hope you have better luck staying within than me!  haha
    March 2013 Oct Siggy-Hair Inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    omg. i'm a march 13th bride too! yay! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards