Chit Chat

Re: .

• Ugh, do you want that mess at your wedding? I say don't invite her.  And personally I think that if it's a small enough wedding there's no reason to invite +1's that you don't know when you want it to be small and intimate.  Sounds like she would add a lot of stress to the day.
  • "Latched on"?  What is she - a giant leech? 

If your FI wants to invite his BF to the wedding, he needs to extend the invite to the BF's SO as well, no matter how unappealing this person is to you. 

The other option is not to invite the FI's BF, which would be wrong and could ruin a friendship.

As to her talking about your wedding plans, just ignore her.  Also, do not share any details other than what is necessary, such as time and place of said DW. 

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dealing-with-a-sneaky-so-called-friend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f5c9a72-4175-47b0-b021-4b7e4b552a2ePost:015af001-46dd-4ca8-8dec-64e80cdeeadb">Re: Dealing with a sneaky so called 'friend'</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dealing with a sneaky so called 'friend' : He's been to two weddings that I wasn't invited too, and I didn't have any trouble it. I respect peoples budgets, guests limitations etc.
    Posted by stefwells23[/QUOTE]

That may be, but many others get very hurt/offended when one part of a couple is invited to a wedding without the other, especially when both know the people getting married. 
    Anniversary
  • Are you paying for everybody's trips?  Even if this girl is "latching on" for a free vacation, I could not fathom being a girlfriend for nearly two years just to get a free vacation out of it.  She must like the guy and you are making mountains out of mole hills.  Leave it be.
  • OP - you sound really immature (especially for DDing your post because people didn't validate your bad ideas). 

Your wedding stopped being just about you the second you invited other people.  You MUST invite SO's, no way around it. 
    Anniversary
  • I just want to thank Linger for always doing an excellent job of quoting newbs who eventually DD their posts. I think I was able to read most/all of the original postings even though crazy OP deleted all of them since WAHHHH this is MY day, I do what I want!!!!!
    Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can delete what I want. There is no reason to be rude, that is more immature than the question I wanted advice on. It's sad that there are people on here that treat others like that, just because they are new.

My fiance and I will do what we want for us, not what is right for everyone else out of obligation. PERIOD!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dealing-with-a-sneaky-so-called-friend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f5c9a72-4175-47b0-b021-4b7e4b552a2ePost:9f06639e-01a6-4317-89f6-cf54752d4f88">Re: .</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to thank Linger for always doing an excellent job of quoting newbs who eventually DD their posts. I think I was able to read most/all of the original postings even though crazy OP deleted all of them since WAHHHH this is MY day, I do what I want!!!!!
    Posted by AceTT[/QUOTE]

It is our day, we will do what we want. How else should it be according to you? lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dealing-with-a-sneaky-so-called-friend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f5c9a72-4175-47b0-b021-4b7e4b552a2ePost:a1042f21-e94a-4260-8e50-ccb28d699972">Re: .</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can delete what I want. There is no reason to be rude, that is more immature than the question I wanted advice on. It's sad that there are people on here that treat others like that, just because they are new. <strong>My fiance and I will do what we want for us, not what is right for everyone else out of obligation. PERIOD!
    </strong>Posted by stefwells23[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess just be prepared to piss a lot of people off in the process.

I am sorry we didn't validate your idea and you got all pissy but what you are talking about doing is rude. PERIOD!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dealing-with-a-sneaky-so-called-friend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f5c9a72-4175-47b0-b021-4b7e4b552a2ePost:a1042f21-e94a-4260-8e50-ccb28d699972">Re: .</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can delete what I want. There is no reason to be rude, that is more immature than the question I wanted advice on. It's sad that there are people on here that treat others like that, just because they are new. My fiance and I will do what we want for us, not what is right for everyone else out of obligation. PERIOD!
    Posted by stefwells23[/QUOTE]

It's rude to delete posts because there are other brides who may have their own questions answered by your examples.  It's childish to delete posts when you've been quoted because they can all still be read anyways, and it just makes it look likey ou can't be an adult and handle the posts, whether you agree with them or not.

What's sad about this situation is that you are blatantly being rude to your guests and going against one of the biggest etiquette rules for weddings IMO, just because ::footstomp:: "IT'S MY DAY...WAAAHHHHH".  Tempur tantrums are for 3 year olds...grow up.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards