Military Brides

Keeping Mind Busy - Any Bakers? :)

I am trying to keep my mind busy instead of worrying about FI, so I have been baking for the majority of my day... problem is I have run out of recipes ...

Any ladies have a fun recipe? I'm on a diet so I have been bringing my stuff to work. I'm good with meals so I'm looking for anything else.

Re: Keeping Mind Busy - Any Bakers? :)

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So do you want baking recipes for like desserts?  Or meals?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Desserts :) Stuff that I can serve the next day.
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I make a lot of cookies.  I have a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Give me an idea of what you're looking for.  Cakes, cookies, etc.  i have lots of family recipes too.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Beach -- I am open to anything -- I just baked a couple dozen sugar cookies so something other than that for right now.
    I would love to experiment with pies, tarts, cheese cakes, cakes, bars -- pretty much anything :)

ETA: I don't have a blender so nothing that requires blending -- :)
    edited December 2011
    Okay I have one for Eclair Cake that is amazing and tastes just like an eclair.  You need a hand mixer though, so do you have that?  Or is that what you meant by a blender?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No I have a hand mixer just not a Blender for say smoothies or puree-ing anything.
    edited December 2011
    Okay then this is delicious.  And now I want to make it for myself which won't be good since i would eat the whole thing.

Eclair Cake

Crust:
    1/2 c. butter
    1 c. flour
    1 c. water
    4 eggs

Filling:
    1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
    1 8oz. cream cheese softened
    1 8 oz. cool whip
    chocolate syrup for drizzling

To make crust: bring water and butter to a boil in small saucepan.  Remove from heat and add flour.  Mix well then cool.  When cool, mix in eggs one at a time.  Spread on a greased 13x9 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (or a golden brown).  Let it cool.  (it will look ugly at this point but that's normal I promise).

Mix pudding according to the directions on the box.  Add cream cheese and beat until fluffy.  Spread over cooled crust.  Spread cool whip over pudding.  Drizzle choclate syrup over cool whip before serving.  

You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it.  If you make it the night before, I would wait to put the cool whip on until you are going to use it.  

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome I will make that tomorrow and let you know how it goes !
    edited December 2011
    I can't wait to hear.  I'm totally trying to convince myself not to make this right now.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish DH liked cake...I would also be making this tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Check out this website, I love it and use it almost everyday.
     allrecipes.com
    Now I know I am not crazy when the F leaves, if I am not working or with family or friends, I am in the kitchen baking :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yep - My coworkers love and hate it at the same time. haha :)

ETA: Funny Story - My FI LOVES plain box cakes but doesn't like them with frosting. He was not pleased when I got filling in our wedding cake. hehe I even told his Mom that when we were ordering it and she was like its okay its a Girl thing. haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards