Illinois
Options

STAY AWAY FROM EVA'S BRIDAL OF OAK LAWN!!

my experience with this store was the WORST in my entire life. The owner of the store, Rana, is the worst person to be in wedding gown business because she has no manners and is not in touch with reality. She threatened to sue me if i write a review about the experience I had at her store, and also REFUSED to sell me the gown I was about to purchase from their store. The first time I went I couldn't find the dress I liked. So a few weeks later I called and made a second appointment , which they welcomed very much. I took the train again for 2 hours to get there , and when I went I found my dream dress ! They asked me for CASH or check for the entire amount . obviously i didnt have $3000 in my pocket, so we both agreed that I will put a downpayment that night and come the next day BY 7 PM to purchase the dress. I came the next day with a friend at 6:30 pm ( after being on the train for 2 hours AGAIN )...when we got there we asked if we can look at their other dresses for different occassions ( Keep in mind i had already put a non-refundable deposit on my wedding dress, and went on a 2 hour ride to come to their store to buy it, and now im interested in buying mORE things from them) At this point the sales lady told me that I have to purchase my designer gown NOW or leave the store ! I said is that an order? Its not 7 pm yet and I obviously came with a check to purchase it , then she asked me to leave the store and take my deposit and leave. I asked to talk to the manager, the manager came out snapping her fingers at me and talking to me like she's in a fight. She ended the conversation and asked me to leave the store and refused to sell me the dress that I wanted !!!.... bIG DEAL... I was able to find the same designer gown at dimitra's bridal downtown at a MUCH cheaper price and MUCH better service. Eva's of oakloan lied about the actual price of the dress, and made me think that they were giving me a huge discount. In reality, dimitra's bridal gave me nothing but the truth , treated me well AND gave me the best discount they could give, which was a cheaper price in the end and much better service. Rana, the owner of eva's told me in emails that I am not the kind of girl who will buy a $3000 designer gown, and thats why she was saving herself time by simply telling me to leave her store. Don't believe anything they tell you at the store. 
If you want to shop there, only go to see the large selection of gowns they have,( they obviously have a huge selection because they cant seem to sell them to anyone because of their horrible attitude and service) . Go see their dresses and try them on, but save yourself from the horrible experience and trouble by signing any kind of contract with them. See their dresses and go buy them somewhere else. i am so thankful i didnt purchase anything from them or sign a contract because if they were rude to me and liars to me and also INSULTED me before I paid them any money, i don't know what they would have done to me AFTER i had paid them money and trusted them with my wedding dress! I would never trust them with my wedding dress alterations or anything else. I have been married now for a few months and can tell you that you NEED to TRUST the person you're buying your dress from, because so many things can go wrong and in the end you will be stuck with them , they will have to alter your dress and deliver it to you ... it really takes trust and respect. at eva's They only want to SELL SELL SELL and SELL fast ! and the customer can go to hell . I never write reviews but this experience was the worst in my life. I even have emails from the owner of this store to prove what I'm saying is the truth. This place should shut down immediately . they are scammers, simply put.

The sales woman lied to my face about 1) the correct price and their offered discount on the dress. She simply gave me a false amount 2)the price tag was 30% over the real price of the dress: I researched the dress at other locations and their tags are all 30% more and then they offer to give you a 30% discount. 3) They lied about alterations and dress sizing. The designer of my dress has an option to custom-make the dress to your measurements. They lied and said that this is not possible and that they have to order a size bigger according to some chart and then alter it for additional money at their store. ( the designer himself says you , as a store, should take exact measurements and he will custom make the dress this way, and you say NO so you can milk more money out of your customers by giving them no choice than to alter an oversized dress to fit them. This is an act of deceit ! 
It is obvious that these types of lies and miscommunications to their customers is a direct result of poor management and horrible selection of sales staff. This resulted in them blaming me for THEIR inadequacies and insulting me in the end , and implied that I was not serious in purchasing my dress even though I had already put down a deposit on it and was obviously going to purchase. They refused business with me on no basis of factual reality that I was not a serious buyer and implied that I was cheap and not worthy of purchasing a designer gown, and therefore kicked me out of their store and refused to let me talk to the manager. This is a simple act of discrimination and hypocrary. ( and also passive aggressive behavior - How can you smile at your customer in their face and then think the worst about them in your mind ? and then explode and discriminate against them and then treat them with the most insulting ways possible? Do you think your business will last this way ? You are simply vendors of dresses that were designed by others, who are selling their dresses elsewhere. If you lose your customers its YOUR LOSS . because brides will continue to be able to find and order the dresses they want with or without you. in fact, with you out of business, the bridal industry will be so much safer.

Re: STAY AWAY FROM EVA'S BRIDAL OF OAK LAWN!!

• Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This seems very odd, why wouldn't Eva's want to sell you a dress? I purchased my dress from there, and everything went smoothly. I was required to put half down the day I got the dress, and I did that on my credit card. Then, when the dress came in, I had to pay the other half in cash. Kind of inconvenient, but if that is how they want to do business then I had to accept that. hmmm.... Very odd that they didn't want to sell you the dress??.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That's weird. Seems to me like there is something missing in this story. Why would they tell you to leave for no reason?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1 post and its a rant about a bridal store. I smell a vendor.

Oh, and I believe Eva's just burned down.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    charlotte1819charlotte1819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yea I also heard Eva's burned. No store should ever have you pay 100% upfront. I am also a fan of not paying cash because it is harder to keep a record of it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to call Vendor.  Post number two is about a photographer who ironically seems to have the same name as the username on this account, just spelled differently.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards