New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Venue Ideas? Guest list approx. 85 & budget under 8000 for venue.

We're in the early planning stages but we've been engaged for quite a while - we want to spend less than $100 a head but it's rough because we don't have a large guest list and SO many places want more than 100, we just don't want to invite everyone and their mother to our special day. Any ideas??

Re: Venue Ideas? Guest list approx. 85 & budget under 8000 for venue.

• Options
    AmyMike1122AmyMike1122 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I should also note that even though our guest list is at 80-85, we're actually expecting 75 to be there...
  • Options
    My venue has prices for less than 100 but I am not sure what the minimum is...I think it was 100 when I got married but might have changed.....thelinksatunionvale.com

I also know the Poughkeepsie Grand has packages less than 100/pp but not sure, again, on the minimum people
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    the mansion at colonial terrace has a smaller ballroom and was at a wedding there for 60 people.  it was really really nice and I know very affordable.  just let them know you are on a budget.  that's what we did when we got married there and they were very accomodating.
  • Options
    The place to go is Christos http://www.christoscatering.com/

We were very pleased with Christos in Poughkeepsie, and the price was reasonable.  It has a Country Club feel and the food is wonderful. You can negotiate a package that suits your budget and needs.  Chris tells you the price per guest, and that is the price you pay, including cake, table flowers, tax and tip.  Go to Christos!! Tell him Toni told you.. ;o)

Matt & I just had our wedding at Christos 9/23/12. Wow. The place is as immaculate as it is beautiful and elegant. The food was outrageous and bountiful. The filet was scrumptious -- Chris is very personal during the whole night. The grounds are stunning for pictures. The ceremony room needs very little decor since it is surrounded by walls of windows overlooking the lovely golf course. Everyone raved about it the whole night. Bathrooms are very tasteful and clean. The bridal room is spacious and comfortable. Even the cake cart is pretty.  If you are getting married or will be having any kind of event at all... this is the place to have it. So glad I chose Christos... it is truly an anointed place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards