Colorado-Denver
Options

Changing Design of the Dress

Hello-

I'm trying to plan my wedding on a shorter timeframe and need some advice on my dress.....

I've found a dress that I love, except for the bottom of the dress--the skirt is fuller than I'd prefer.  I've heard of the Wedding Seamstress in Arvada doing wedding dress redesign.  Does anyone know of anyone else in the area that will customize a dress?  Has anyone on here redesigned their dress?
I'm hoping to go from A-Line w/ a train to a little more fit and flare.

I've been given a deadline to order of next week and can't decide what to do.

Thanks!

Re: Changing Design of the Dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having the Wedding Seamstress re-do a part of my dress also.  I had some beading work around the middle that I wanted removed and a sash added in its place.  I haven't gotten my dress back yet but I absolutely loved her and the other girls in the shop.  I had absolutely no reservations about leaving my dress with her or her abilities to make it perfect.  I pick up my dress on Sept. 17th so I won't be able to tell you how everything turns out before you need to order your dress. Hope this helps anyways.  Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered looking for a dress that fits your image first instead of just redisgning one?  Do you have a pic of the dress you are going to get and a pic of one you want it to look more like?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kdsddskdsdds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your replies so far.  Yes, I've been trying just to find a dress that is already what I'm looking for, but have had limited success.  My work hours aren't aligning that well with store hours to try on that many more dresses.  
    Procrastination is a weakness of mine......trying to meet the other store's deadline of ordering by next Saturday.
  • Options
    ssilverman25ssilverman25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The store you are buying it from won't do it for you? I unknowingly bought an Aline- it was clipped mermaid style on the mannequin and on me when I tried it on, so i thought it was mermaid! When it came in it was Aline. The alterations lady at the store took it in for me, and it looks great, fits like a glove...cost me $150, but I love my dress!!
  • Options
    kdsddskdsdds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of your replies.  

ssilverman25, do you mind sharing where you bought your dress at/alterations?  
    Your icon says Atlanta, were you local to Colorado at the time?

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards