Wedding Woes
Options

im so angry its not even funny...

Im engaged and Im planning my wedding for may 19 of next year. Ok.... maybe i should say I was planning it for Oct 6 2012 but I cant wait a yr+ so I have managed to change it. My beau doesnt mind because he just wants to be able to spend the rest of his nights with me in his arms (cheesy i know :) ) what im mad about it is the fact that after we get engaged everyone, and i mean, everyone in our circle of friends is saying oo i want to get engaged! me too me too! Now if this doesnt make sense let me get to the next part.... I was going to have R be my bridesmaid ( i have 3) and my fiances sis also... now they are going off on their own thing planning for R's wedding thats supposedly before mine im sorry but i got engaged first and im a little bit spoiled. I want my wedding first. Well now his sis has called me being all judgemental asking why i would even think about changing the date and im angry because its not even her business i have 2 new bridesmaids that are actually helping me out now better than she ever even tried. so my question is...
Am I being unfair planning my wedding first or should I just keep on keepin on and tell them to quit trying to stop our happiness?

Re: im so angry its not even funny...

• Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You changed your date so you could get married before someone else? How old are you?

I think the only thing you said that I agree with in that entire post is that you're spoiled. That's not a good thing, by the way.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_im-angry-its-not-even-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:132a4ddc-7634-406b-bf31-6f49daa62e4bPost:5760b20d-4cab-49a9-8942-5a67e432c101">im so angry its not even funny...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im engaged and Im planning my wedding for may 19 of next year. Ok.... maybe i should say I was planning it for Oct 6 2012 but I cant wait a yr+ so I have managed to change it. My beau doesnt mind because he just wants to be able to spend the rest of his nights with me in his arms (cheesy i know :) ) what im mad about it is the fact that after we get engaged everyone, and i mean, everyone in our circle of friends is saying oo i want to get engaged! me too me too! Now if this doesnt make sense let me get to the next part.... I was going to have R be my bridesmaid ( i have 3) and my fiances sis also... now they are going off on their own thing planning for R's wedding thats supposedly before mine im sorry but i got engaged first and im a little bit spoiled. I want my wedding first. Well now his sis has called me being all judgemental asking why i would even think about changing the date and im angry because its not even her business i have 2 new bridesmaids that are actually helping me out now better than she ever even tried. so my question is... Am I being unfair planning my wedding first or should I just keep on keepin on and tell them to quit trying to stop our happiness?
    Posted by asw9288[/QUOTE]

JIC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_im-angry-its-not-even-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:132a4ddc-7634-406b-bf31-6f49daa62e4bPost:5760b20d-4cab-49a9-8942-5a67e432c101">im so angry its not even funny...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im engaged and Im planning my wedding for may 19 of next year. Ok.... maybe i should say I was planning it for Oct 6 2012 but I cant wait a yr+ so I have managed to change it. My beau doesnt mind because he just wants to be able to spend the rest of his nights with me in his arms (cheesy i know :) ) what im mad about it is the fact that after we get engaged everyone, and i mean, everyone in our circle of friends is saying oo i want to get engaged! me too me too! Now if this doesnt make sense let me get to the next part.... I was going to have R be my bridesmaid ( i have 3) and my fiances sis also... now they are going off on their own thing planning for R's wedding thats supposedly before mine im sorry but i got engaged first and im a little bit spoiled. I want my wedding first. Well now his sis has called me being all judgemental asking why i would even think about changing the date and im angry because its not even her business<strong> i have 2 new bridesmaids that are actually helping me out now better than she ever even tried</strong>. so my question is... Am I being unfair planning my wedding first or should I just keep on keepin on and tell them to quit trying to stop our happiness?
    Posted by asw9288[/QUOTE]

So I'm not understanding, you've fired one or two of your bridesmaids? Did you fire your sister? You're changing the date of your wedding just to get married earlier than the others? All of these questions need answers.
  • Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What they said.....Enquiring minds want to know so that we can better answer your questions......
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was the FIRST to get engaged of allll my friends and family members last July.  Now I am the LAST to get married. (6 total got engaged after me, all 6 married before me) There were times when I thought about changing my wedding date, but bottom line, I picked my date for a reason.  I've always wanted to be a fall bride and I got 14 months to plan my dream wedding.  Everyone else felt rushed and stressed the whole time, while I got to enjoy being engaged.   My point is, don't change it.  I get that you feel over shadowed and a little bit of "that's not fair", believe me, I had my moments too. But keep your date and just know that you'll have more time to plan, more time to save money and when it's your time to get married it'll be AWESOME! Enjoy being engaged, you never get this amazing time back. Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker .... image 223 Made the cut!
    image 201 Are ready to party! image 22 Are missing out! image 0 Are making me crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and im a little bit spoiled

I think this says it all.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_im-angry-its-not-even-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:132a4ddc-7634-406b-bf31-6f49daa62e4bPost:5760b20d-4cab-49a9-8942-5a67e432c101">im so angry its not even funny...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I im a little bit spoiled.</strong>Posted by asw9288[/QUOTE]

understatement of the day
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn those thunderjackers!!  Everyone should have known that 2012 is your wedding *year*

How dare they get married before you. They don't really want to get married. I think they all want spite-engagements because they're jealous of you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards