Flowers

Flower costs?

I was just quoted by a florist I really love at $3000.00 just for the centerpieces.

I haven't talked to any other florists yet and I was just wondering if this is a reasonable quote.  I had originally wanted to stay around $2000.00, but I'm on Long Island and the florist is from NYC so maybe that's too teeny a flower budget?

I appreciate any advice from people with more experience in this area.

Thanks!

Re: Flower costs?

• edited December 2011
    I'm from SC and the average centerpiece price here is $75. Maybe you should ask your local board about how much flower centerpieces are in your area.

Maybe you could do half flower, half candle centerpieces to cut the budget. Use your more expensive stems for your bouquet and cheaper versions of your flowers, in your colors, for the centerpieces and altar pieces. Doing that saved me $415 from my first quote.  Example: I'm using mango calla lilies in my bouquet and for groom bout; however i'm using circus roses in BM bouquets, altar pieces, and centerpieces to cut down on cost.
    Anniversary
  • rosierealrosiereal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I thinks its normally 10% of your budget. i didnt think this was true but with out even thinking i booked my florist and it end up being 10 percent of my budget for all the flowers for the church , centerpieces , my flowers , bm, mom, gm , etc

$3000 for how many tables and are they all roses?
    if so its sounds about right

hope this helps
    good luck

save the date planning My Bio updated 05/22/11 image 184 Invited
    image129 are ready to party! image 39 missing out image 16 are driving me crazy
    RSVP Date: May 14, Wedding: June 18
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I suppose it is about right then - I tried to negotiate and talk them down to using less expensive flower alternatives and she is going to re-work my proposal.

Thanks for all of the advice!  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't completely crazy for our budget.
  • jwang517jwang517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we pay slightly more than 3000 for 80 people (8 tables) in DC... depending on how much flower ur using and how many people. i don't think 3000 is that crazy in the city.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards