Illinois-Chicago
Options

Banquet Halls: Windows/Natural Light vs Hall Affordability Dilemma

Has anyone else noticed that certain beautiful Chicago area banquet halls such as Venuti's, European Crystal, and the Abbington have these absolutely GORGEOUS windows? I am a sucker for natural light in photos and hope to get married on site, so the natural light from the windows would help for the ceremony and ambience as well. HOWEVER, have you noticed that if you pick the room with windows, you pay nearly DOUBLE the minimum you would for a non-windowed room? Note that this has little to do with guest minimums and EVERYTHING to do with that sweet sweet natural light/ambience/magic.

I dunno, maybe I am the only one who gets hung up on this issue. Please let me know if 1) you notice/agree too, and/or 2) you have found a place with natural light that doesn't nickel and dime you to death (ie EVERYTHING including meal, cake, chair covers, hors d'oeuvres, sweet tables - for $60pp or less) located in the Chicago suburbs.

Re: Banquet Halls: Windows/Natural Light vs Hall Affordability Dilemma

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I absolutely wanted a venue with windows which is why I didn't bother to look at banquet halls.  I had my wedding at Bartlett Hills Golf Club in Bartlett last September.  There are windows all along one side over looking over the golf course and a little lake.  It's very pretty.  They are  reasonably priced and are all inclusive.  They include 4 hour open bar, 3 course dinner (soup, salad, entree), cake, chair covers, and small floral centerpieces.  On a Friday they will also throw in hors d'oeuvres, colored napkins, colored chair sashes, and they discount the entree price.  Their food is outstanding and they let you do a tasting before booking with them. I would definitely check them out!
    picture of the windows/room from my wedding:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Concorde in Kildeer.  We picked our soom because of the windows.  Maybe their are places that have certain rooms with the lighting/windows you are looking for.  
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies!
  • Options
    I was looking for the exact sasme thing!  I'm getting married at the Oak Brook Bath & Tennis Club.  Their price is very reasonable and they don't charge extra for the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Check out the Victoria banquet halls. I'm having our reception at Victoria Rosemont and the ballroom, which is on the top floor of a hotel, has great floor-to-ceiling windows with cool views of O'Hare. I think the Mount Prospect location has a bit more of a "pastoral" setting, if that's what you prefer. Packages are very reasonable, IMO.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Check out the Lighthouse in Cedar Lake, IN...just a short drive from the Chicago.  There are beautiful windows that overlook the lake and they have wedding packages with everything you wanted starting at $53 per person.
  • Options
    Are you having a daytime or evening wedding?  Just FYI - I've been to a couple evening weddings where there are big large windows, but you can't see a thing past 8-9 pm.  And since everyone will be seated and eating during the earlier hours of the event, it might not actually matter.
  • Options
    What is your guestlist? You should check out Hickory Hills Country Club. If you are having 300 they have a room with high ceilings and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the golf course. The outside of the building isn't very attractive but when I looked in 2010 they were well below your budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards