Florida-West Coast
Options

Fort Myers Budget Venue

My fiance and I are trying to decide a wedding date and find inexpensive venues in our area. We live in Fort Myers Florida. Unfortunately, my dad lost his job just before we got engaged so we know he can't help much. Meanwhile, his parents just paid for his sister's wedding that we know was so expensive, no one will tell us exactly how much. lol. So they probably wont have much to contribute either.
 Anyhow, we are trying to find somewhere that isn't a beach wedding or a church wedding that can hold 100-150 guests. At this point our budget is around 9k. Any help you can give on picking a good time of year, a nice place for ceremony and reception, as well as any other tips would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Re: Fort Myers Budget Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i currently am staying with my mom at her condo in fort myers. we are in downtown, near the bay. there is this beautiful yellow house right by the bay, which i have seen host many wonderful weddings.

i am not quite sure what the name of it is, but it is at the corner of palm beach blvd and fowler.

it has an expansive backyard, so you can do an outdoor wedding, or an indoor wedding in the house with an outdoor reception.

i hope this helps!
  • Options
    Brandles17Brandles17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am no help for Fort Myers but welcome to the board!! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Website
    199image 155image 44image 0image
    RSVP by September 22, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_fort-myers-budget-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:b22b5290-b7db-4894-817a-f7def25147b0Post:4176d6fb-2573-4651-a2ce-1542fe827b1f">Re: Fort Myers Budget Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]i currently am staying with my mom at her condo in fort myers. we are in downtown, near the bay. there is this beautiful yellow house right by the bay, which i have seen host many wonderful weddings. i am not quite sure what the name of it is, but it is at the corner of palm beach blvd and fowler. it has an expansive backyard, so you can do an outdoor wedding, or an indoor wedding in the house with an outdoor reception. i hope this helps!
    Posted by frostedkels[/QUOTE]

You're talking about the burroughs home, my mom tells me how beautiful this place is all the time. I don't know what the prices are but here's the link and you can call and ask them:

<a href="http://www.burroughshome.com/default.cfm">http://www.burroughshome.com/default.cfm</a>
  • Options
    sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Edison/Ford Estate downtown? On Three Oaks, off of Alico there is a conference center that has a huge ballroom.  You can also check out a lot of the golf course around here, they will do any size weddings for any budget.  If I can think of anything else I will post more.  Good Luck!!
    Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about 'Tween Waters Inn on Captiva? I went to a wedding there that was very nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Because of the economy most country clubs have discounted their rates for weddings and events.  You might want to contact a few you might be interested in to see.  As a way to save money and not cut out guests you could also do a dessert reception or cocktail and apps reception for much less than a full meal.  Or have the wedding on an off day (any day other than Sat.)...hth!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, 
    I second the Burroughs Home as a nice venue. The Heightman House is another Historic home downtown that does weddings. Harborside Convention Center downtown is very budget friendly. Country clubs are a great way to go. Check out Fiddllesticks, Legends, Lexington, Renissance, the Forrest, etc.. Another great option is restaurants like the Veranda or Ellington's on Sanibel. There is a great new resort out in the Cape called Resort at Marina Village. Check it out. Good luck! If you need any other vendor recs let us know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just as an aside- a great way to save money with a big guest list is to get creative with your food choices- like serve Italian or Mexican instead of traditional beef. I went to a wedding once where the meal was "cheeseburgers in paradise"- basically gourmet cheeseburgers. Everyone loved it and the bride saved a bundle! Consider lunch or brunch instead of dinner. Also just doing beer and wine is a big saver too since I know it's going to be tight on $9k with 100ppl in this area. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_fort-myers-budget-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:b22b5290-b7db-4894-817a-f7def25147b0Post:68a5a196-a608-40ed-91b9-3df784da3350">Re: Fort Myers Budget Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi,  I second the Burroughs Home as a nice venue. The Heightman House is another Historic home downtown that does weddings. Harborside Convention Center downtown is very budget friendly. Country clubs are a great way to go. Check out Fiddllesticks, Legends, Lexington, Renissance, the Forrest, etc.. Another great option is restaurants like the Veranda or Ellington's on Sanibel. There is a great new resort out in the Cape called Resort at Marina Village. Check it out. Good luck! If you need any other vendor recs let us know!
    Posted by thinkingpink2010[/QUOTE]

The Resort at Marina village is extremly expensive..$150/person
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards