New York

Finger Lake Area Vendor Help!

Hi Ladies,

I have been posting some of my questions on the upstate NY board, but realized that perhaps Seneca Lake in the Finger Lakes Region crosses over into CNY? I'm from Pennsylvania, planning a destination winery wedding so bear with me! Smile

I am seeking input on a few vendors suggestions:

- Bakery: Does anyone have any experience with Walker Cake Company or Lori Leggot of Club 86? I am also open to other options, but they would need to be able to deliver to The Ginny Lee at Wagner Vineyards. (east side of Seneca Lake)

- Rentals: I am having a difficult time finding a company for chair cover rentals.  We want the chair cover and also some type of colored sash or bow.  Could be a national company if they allow us to ship back the un-laundered covers.  Local company would need to deliver.

- Hair/Make up: We will be staying in Lodi, NY (near the winery) but I am open to either traveling to have our hair/make up done or having someone come directly to us. We will be getting ready at a local Bed & Breakfast, so having the getting ready pictures taken in the B&B would be beautiful.  Suggestions for traveling hair/make up artists?

Any input would be helpful! If you have input or experiences on other vendors I would love to hear it! Thank you!!! Smile

Re: Finger Lake Area Vendor Help!

• I'd highly suggest you look at the recommendation sticky at the top of the board. A lot of the girls have used Lori from 86 and we'll most likely be using her as well. I'm bringing in Brita to do my makeup from Icon's in Canandaigua. She also does hair, but I have a family friend who's a cosmetologist doing my hair:  http://iconhairsalon.com/weddings/
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lori Legott makes nice cakes, but she only does traditional style. If you are looking for something more outside the box, she probably won't be willing to do it.

I'm not familiar with the other businesses you mentioned, so I'm not sure where they are located, but I would suggest looking for vendors based out of Ithaca. It's probably the closest larger city to Lodi, so they would have more options available.

Good luck!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just met with Lori a few weeks ago and she said she can do "Cake Boss" cakes. She drew out a custom shaped grooms cake for us. Unless I'm confused about what a traditional cake consists of. I know nothing about cake other than I enjoy eating. Good call about checking Ithaca. I skimmed right over where OP mentioned Lodi. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_finger-lake-area-vendor-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:ebe24ef0-1e0f-4de1-b898-695f98d88c02Post:260ea861-f7c0-46ce-8d1b-5d3078c8855a">Re: Finger Lake Area Vendor Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just met with Lori a few weeks ago and she said she can do "Cake Boss" cakes. She drew out a custom shaped grooms cake for us. Unless I'm confused about what a traditional cake consists of. I know nothing about cake other than I enjoy eating. Good call about checking Ithaca. I skimmed right over where OP mentioned Lodi. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Maybe she has exapanded her skills some in the last few years. A few years ago a friend wanted a shaped (carved?) cake, and Lori told her she didn't do cakes like that.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely check the post above here with vendor reviews!  I got married at Ventosa Vineyards, and they took care of a lot of details for me.  They had their own reception chair covers, and I have no idea where they rented our ceremony tent and chairs from.  For my hair and makeup, I used Sara Lovell based in Rochester.  She was excellent!!!  However, she charges something like 10 cents per mile driven, and Lodi is a bit farther than Geneva.  Sorry I'm not more helpful, good luck!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • We were married last Saturday during a gorgeous ceremony at Ventosa Vineyards then celebrated during a beautiful reception at the same location. I'll post full vendor reviews when we get back from our honeymoon (everyone gets an A+), but, in the meantime, this might help in your search:

Lori Leggott was great. I was never concerned about taste because her cakes are unreal but I wasn't sure if she had what I was looking for in presentation. However, I gave her a picture I found on Pinterest with beads and sugar paste flowers and she executed beautifully. It should be noted that she doesn't use fondant, but that was fine with us since I think it takes away from the flavor of the cake.

Both the makeup and hair person traveled to Geneva to work on site. Valerie Demino was our makeup artist. She did really great airbrush makeup. I was told more than once that my skin looked flawless. Meredith from The Bride's Hairstylist traveled up from Ithaca and she was incredible. She finished my hair, 2 moms and 4 bridesmaids in 3 hours, finishing ahead of schedule. We all really loved the finished product.

We rented chiavari chairs from Auburn Party Rental and had no issues. I would reccomend them for other renting needs.
  • Congrats Chelsea, you look gorgeous!!!  I hope the weather cooperated... looks like you were outside for some pictures, so that's great!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Thank you so much! It ended up being an absolutely perfect day. In the few days before the wedding, they were predicting high winds, strong rain and severe thunderstorms. There was no way we could have the ceremony on the lawn and RJ wasn't even sure if the terrace was an option. We had to practice the ceremony in the ballroom, and I was devestated. During the day on Saturday, the weather was, as expected, awful. There were actually white caps on the lake. But as the ceremony got closer, the rain cleared and eventually the sun came out as guests were being seated on the terrace. It was miraculous. Even though the weather added stress to the day, I wouldn't change anything. We had the most beautiful sunset.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards