Nevada-Las Vegas

Cocktail Receptions?

Hi ! I am new to the boards, and fiance and I just decided on doing a vegas wedding next spring. We really are just getting started, but have decided on having a ceremony during the day at one of the hotels on the strip... and then later in the evening do a cocktail reception. I just have no idea where to look! It would be ideal to have a restraunt/bar that has private events, but we do not want a sit down dinner. We really just want an open bar and either appetizers, or desserts. Great music and dancing is a must too. :) Any ideas? I want to stay on the strip somewhere so I dont have to worry about people driving. We are expecting somewhere between 50 and 65 people. Any help is greatly appreciated. (keep in mind... we are choosing a cocktail reception to keep the cost down... fiance and i are paying for everything ourselves :(...)

Re: Cocktail Receptions?

• edited December 2011

Welcome and congratulations!

I had my reception at Maggianos and they also offer cocktail type receptions. It is right on the strip across from the Wynn. The food is AMAZING, and you can have a private room with a DJ. The prices are very reasonable. That being said, what it you budget? That will help us all give suggestions. Also,  Where are you getting married?

**edited for wording..

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Diddo Maggiano's!  Although honestly it sounds like your cocktail reception could cost just as much or close to a sit down dinner...may want to keep that in mind.  I found that food on the strip is not the pricey part , its the alcohol. 
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.lasvegasrestaurants.com/

This gives you all price ranges and type of food.  It was very helpful in my never ending search for a reception. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.bestofvegas.com/Restaurants/

This one is nice because it is by hotel. 

HTH
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    An in-suite might work for you as well. Mandalay Bay is a popular one, but many of the hotels out there have large suites that can hold that amount of guests easily. You would be able to bring in your own catering and alcohol and even hire in a bartender and DJ.

What kind of budget are you working with? This will be able to help us give you a better idea on how to help you make the most of your money. Also, the strip hotels do tend to be a bit pricier than the stand alone chapels. A weekday wedding will also bring down the price.
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say welcome and congratulations!

Ditto PP.  Happy planning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and happy planning!
  • bern0927bern0927 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

Welcome and happy planning!!!

Ditto PP!!!

• edited December 2011
    My FI and I are planning a cocktail reception at The Trevi at Caesar's Palace. Their appetizer list is quite large and the prices aren't bad! Our group will probably be between 30 and 40 and we are trying to keep it under $2000 as we are paying ourselves. The venue is gorgeous too!
  • edited December 2011
    as PP's have said...budget?
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cocktail-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:de7d3e18-a00e-4038-858c-9ef096e18419Post:6f6b1540-475c-4982-aaa7-0be5746b3201">Re: Cocktail Receptions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I are planning a cocktail reception at The Trevi at Caesar's Palace. Their appetizer list is quite large and the prices aren't bad! Our group will probably be between 30 and 40 and we are trying to keep it under $2000 <strong>as we are paying ourselves. </strong>The venue is gorgeous too!
    Posted by daniela0984[/QUOTE]

FYI, most of us are paying for our weddings ourselves.

OP, when figuring out your costs please be sure to remember to include service and tax if you are at a hard limit.  For example, if you cannot spend more then $2000 (in PP's example), then you need to remember that you will have at least an 18% service charge and an 8.1% tax rate.  So let's assume that for this package your service charge (gratuity) is not taxed. 

That means you actually have $1586 to spend.  With a $285 service/gratuity at 18% of the sub total and tax of $128, your total is 1586+128+285=$2000.
    So that means that you have between $52 and $39 per head for 30-40 people.

If your contract charges you tax on the service which some do, then the example above becomes $1567.

Also, as a sidenote...please give your guests enough appetizers to equal dinner which is 10-14 pieces.  IMO, if you just throw out 3 apps, that doesn't really equal the type of reception you should host for your guests at a DW.  Please provide a meal. I mean, I can drink for free in Vegas.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards