New Jersey

drama as a mrs

does anyone get the "wow you get married and  are too busy to call " crap.
i am adjusting to being a mrs, plus going back to work.   i have a relative whom i was very close to many years ago.  however, her feelings toward somethings have pushed us apart some.   i make effort to keep in contact and be respectful, but life being busy i dont always get time to make a call and check in.  i dont really get them from this person like i did.

well i spoke to this person a month ago..they called.  and i get the Oooo you are so busy now.. where have you been.. oohh it must to so hard crap.  i just go along with it because i get upset and makes the "pushing apart" feeling worse.  when i do call, i feeel like im bothering this person.   so i call today after that last call and i get the "ooo you are now back at work..it must be such a hard life"  i respond the same and now im upset.  does anyone get crap like this?  this person is the only person i get it from. i want to say something so bad but dont kow what. i have in the past and it doesnt get me anywhere.  but this is why i dont want to call in the first place

Re: drama as a mrs

• felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My "cousin" (not really a cousin but raised together) was hanging out with all of my friends (that I introduced her to) and never calling me to hang out.  My friends would call me and say "Hey you going this weekend?" and I would say "Where?"  My friends quickly realized what was going on and asked her about it.  She said that she thought because I was married now that I wouldn't want to go anywhere.  She finally called and invited me out (with my friends).  Maybe you should confront this head on.  Because lets be honest here, you aren't busy because your married, you just have a busy life and when that calms down you want to just chill with your new H.  Talk to this relative and do your best to see things from their perspective because after all it is family.  
  • imagrl10imagrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you are right. but then i get the "ohh it must so hard" 
    i do need to confront it though
  • edited December 2011
    I think people have so many misperceptions of marriage.  Being married doesn't mean you've dropped off the earth!  Its just a status change saying you're in love and committed.  If you think your relative is acting differently to you because of this, I think its best to let her know how you feel in a tactful way... let her know you're available and that you do miss her (its hard for someone to push back on niceness :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards