Christian Weddings

survey time!

We haven't done one of these in a long time but they are always a hit.

1. Favorite candy bar?

2. last book you read?

3. any fun trips planned?

4. sad to see summer coming to an end?

5. how empty is your fridge?

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: survey time!

• 1. Favorite candy bar? Twix!  But Butterfinger is a close second.

2. last book you read? The last book I finished reading was Mary Boleyn: The Mistress of Kings (biography).  Currently reading Captive Queen, but the same author, Alison Weir.   Also currently reading The Good Father for book club.

3. any fun trips planned? Myrtle Beach with DH the weekend after Labor Day.  Visiting the ILs and helping a friend with wedding planning at the end of September

4. sad to see summer coming to an end? Yes!  It's been hot!

5. how empty is your fridge? not.  We have leftover baked ziti that I made on Sunday plus some spinach lasagna from dinner at a friend's on Monday.  Milk, cheese, and my stash of emergency break-apart-and-bake chocolate cookies, and we're good. 

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have. ummm, I did a really good job holding still during my MRI a few weeks ago. Does that count? DH says I'm the only one he's heard describe the MRI as cozy and peaceful. I don't think I'm particularly talented.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Favorite candy bar?

Snickers

2. last book you read?

I am reading Lorna Doone right now but before that I read the Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie  

We want to go camping when we return to the States and I would like to go to LA.  I hope they both happen!

Yes and no.  Yes because it has been an amazing summer of an epic proportion and no because we are starting a new school!

I don’t have one yet :(

I can smell smoke of any type through a closed door, two rooms away. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited August 2012
    1. Favorite candy bar?
    That is just impossible. I mean, I love so many. Kit Kat, Reeses, Twix, Snickers, Milky Way...

2. last book you read?
    The Half Stitched Amish Quilting Club

St. Lucia in January, Disneyland mini-moon in April, and big island of Hawaii Feb 2014!

no, I am so ready for fall and the holidays!

about 1/2 way, I definitely need to get to the store

well it may not be a talent, but I can bend my left thumb straight back to touch my wrist.
    *correction, I can't do it anymore!!! I just tried it for the first time in ages and it won't go back all the way, it's like an inch away now. Sad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• 1. Favorite candy bar? snickers

2. last book you read? my Sociology book .. not a school book I just picked up the Paterno book

3. any fun trips planned? the after wedding trip ... possibly a mini day trip somewhere this weekend for my son's birthday

4. sad to see summer coming to an end? yes but no

5. how empty is your fridge?  meh it's got soda / tea and frozen meals in the freezer

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have : i'm farly ambidextrous.... and few people know I can sing pretty well ...
    Love is All You Need
  • 1. Favorite candy bar?  Big Turk!!

2. last book you read?  I'm currently reading the Wedding Writer

3. any fun trips planned?  Not until my honeymoon; we are going to Niagara on the Lake.  I'm super stoked for that!

4. sad to see summer coming to an end?  Heck no!  I've always loved fall, especially now that I will be getting married soon.

5. how empty is your fridge?  Pretty empty...I live at home with my mom and 2 teenage brothers.

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have I sing, but I don't think I sing well.  I used to be on my youth group worship team and apparently I was good becuase I often lead songs.
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:655441a1-bb47-41b1-af26-1e07bc805d43Post:dc4b3e06-2c16-4a22-99f2-4d10a979db02">Re: survey time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Favorite candy bar? Snickers 2. last book you read? I am reading Lorna Doone right now but before that I read the Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie   3. any fun trips planned? We want to go camping when we return to the States and I would like to go to LA.   I hope they both happen! 4. sad to see summer coming to an end? Yes and no.   Yes because it has been an amazing summer of an epic proportion and no because we are starting a new school! 5. how empty is your fridge? I don’t have one yet :( 6. one talent you have not many people may know you have<strong> I can smell smoke of any type through a closed door, two rooms away.</strong>  
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

thats funny!
  • 1. Favorite candy bar? Twix! 

2. last book you read? Currently reading Love Does by Bob Goff and Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller 

3. any fun trips planned? We're going to Bismarck friday for a wedding, next big trip might be around Christmas? Nor sure yet. 

4. sad to see summer coming to an end? I LOVE fall, and this has been a way budy summer. I'm excited for routine to start again. 

5. how empty is your fridge? Super empty. I purged it last night. My parents are coming to town today and they're going to think we're destitute! 

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have: Hmm.. I don't know...
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • edited August 2012
    1. Favorite candy bar?
    Carmello

2. last book you read?
    Slaughterhouse Five

Not yet.

Kind of ... Fall means the beginning of me working full time and going to school part time, so I have no idea how I will handle that.

More empty now, since I cleaned it out to prepare for grocery shopping tonight.

I do (according to DH) an almost spot-on impression of Stitch from "Lilo and Stitch."

• 1. Favorite candy bar?
    Twix!!

2. Last book you read?
    Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (thrilling, I know...but it is a GREAT book if you're thinking about an unmedicated birth)

3. Any fun trips planned?
    We already went on vacation this year.  Next up is a week in Maryland and Virginia at Christmas!!  We're excited to go home for a little bit...anxious about traveling (flying) with a 2 month old, though.

4. Sad to see summer coming to an end?
    Not at all.  I can't stand heat.  I'm ready for cooler temps, football, and apple everything.

5. How empty is your fridge?
    It's full of leftovers that need to be cleared out.  

6. One talent you have not many people may know you have.
    I can't think of anything.
  • 1. Favorite candy bar?
    I probably don't like any actual candy bars because I hate chocolate and peanut butter. 

2. last book you read?
    Belle: A Re-telling of Beauty and the Beast by Cameron Dokey

Gatlinburg in October with H, parents, brother and grandma

Yes and no. 

Not empty at all actually. There's quite a bit of wine in there...

I do an awesome Marvin the Martian impression. (Why did my font just change?)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:655441a1-bb47-41b1-af26-1e07bc805d43Post:12c31cf0-1005-4225-9961-9eeb3cc35821">survey time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't done one of these in a long time but they are always a hit. 1. Favorite candy bar? 2. last book you read? 3. any fun trips planned? 4. sad to see summer coming to an end? 5. how empty is your fridge? 6. one talent you have not many people may know you have
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

<div>Question 1: Dove Dark Chocolate</div><div>
    </div><div>Question 2: Uh, do textbooks count? If not, then probably the most recent Patricia Cornwell novel, Red Mist I think.</div><div>
    </div><div>Question 3: Nope. School's in session. No time for trips. :-( </div><div>
    </div><div>Question 4: Sorta. My summer ended awhile ago, thanks to school. Besides, fall is my favorite season anyway. </div><div>
    </div><div>Question 5: It's about 3/4 full. We just went grocery shopping this past weekend.</div><div>
    </div><div>Question 6: I can lick my elbow. Sounds like a bad joke, but it's true. My fiance can too- that just sealed the deal for me :-) .</div>
    Anniversary
  • 1. Favorite candy bar?
    Snickers

2. last book you read?
    Finished - Left Behind (1st in the series), actually "read" - The Harbinger (I'm about halfway)

I leave tomorrow for Seattle for my sister's wedding.

Nope. I'll be glad to see work get a little less crazy.

It's actually really full right now. I'm leaving DH home alone for about a week, so there are lots of leftovers. ;)

Lipreading - since I was 3  :D
  • 1. Favorite candy bar? Snickers or Ferraro Rocher

2. last book you read? Forgotten God by Francis Chan 

3. any fun trips planned? No. We went to Disney World for our anniversary in July, so that's about all the fun we can afford right now haha. 

4. sad to see summer coming to an end? Yes! But it's always nice to meet a new class. And there are a lot of things about fall that I like! 

5. how empty is your fridge? Pretty full! Although we always let veggies and fruit go bad because we don't eat it all. 

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have? Not sure. Everyone knows I like to sing and dance. I just asked H what talents I have that people don't know about and he said "talking in a New Jersey accent." Not sure if that's considered a talent, but... 
  • 1. Favorite candy bar? Um.. at the moment my tastebuds say Nutrageous.

2. last book you read? Finished? Rare Earth by Davis Bunn. Last read as in latest book I read from? Perfect Lies  by Jennifer Crow

3. any fun trips planned? Just moving to India... though actually, I'd like to go up to NJ/NY one last time before I move. But we'll see.

4. sad to see summer coming to an end? Um... no, but autumn is my favorite season.

5. how empty is your fridge? stuffed to the gills... of course a lot needs to be thrown away...

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have? I can talk in two voices simultaneously. (its creepy and hurts my throat... but fun.)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    1. Favorite candy bar? resse cup

2. last book you read? "only his" 

3. any fun trips planned? going to the florida vs tennessee game in september. i can't wait. It's sentimental to me because its the game where dDH proposed to me

4. sad to see summer coming to an end? nope, I love fall. football, sweatshirts, pumpkin latte's

5. how empty is your fridge? pretty full. I have some leftovers, yogurt, lemonade, cheese, wraps and some nectarines

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have.....um, need to think on this one....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Favorite candy bar?
    It changes frequently, Dove dark chocolate, Milky Way, and Lindor truffles

2. last book you read?
    Prince Caspian

We have a reenactment this weekend about 1.5 hours away. 

Yes, it means I have to start student teaching and never get to sleep in again

Pretty empty. However, we're going to be gone over the weekend so we don't need much in the fridge anyway

I can lick my elbow. It's supposed to be impossible.
    imageAnniversary
  • 1. Favorite candy bar?
    Snickers

2. last book you read?
    Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder

San Diego next weekend, Jackson Hole 2 weeks after that, a weekend trip to Colorado in November and a cruise next April

Yes and no.  Yes, because I'm sad that our wedding and HM is over.  No, because I'm happy to not be planning anything anymore and I'm ready for this heat to be done with. 

Not very...H and I went grocery shopping this week.

I don't know...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • 1. Favorite candy bar?
    Pretty much any candy with peanuts, I prefer Pretzel M&M's (peanut allergy)

2. last book you read?
    Sookie Stackhouse series novel that I can't think of ATM

Nope.

Yes and no. Yes because that means snow, no because I LOVE fall.

It's not. At all. Hooray extreme coupoing!

I am a first soprano. (I sing opera)

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OMG i love sticth !!
    Love is All You Need
  • 1. Favorite candy bar? Milky Way!

2. last book you read? Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

3. any fun trips planned? Disney in September, then, the Honeymoon!

4. sad to see summer coming to an end? Yes, but ready for December 22nd!

5. how empty is your fridge? Not even close..

6. one talent you have not many people may know you have? I can turn my feet backwards. That counts, right? ;)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards