Massachusetts-Boston

Can we talk hair and makeup? Northshore?

I did a search and read some recommendations on hair and makeup vendors but I wanted to ask  in case I missed some or there are new ones. My wedding will be in Topsfield at Willowdale, I'd like to find someone who can come to us or who is very close by.  I'm thinking I'd like to go with one company who can do both, as I'm guessing you save money if you go with one vendor for both as opposed to two different vendors.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that!  Thanks!

Re: Can we talk hair and makeup? Northshore?

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Special Event Beauty.  They are based in Bridgewater but they travel to wherever you are.  If you have enough people they will not charge a travel fee.  I had my trial last September and was VERY pleased with the results.  I had another makeup trial recently and was happy with that as well.  We are using them for hair and makeup and I couldn't be happier with them.  I think their prices are very reasonable if you have 5 or more people getting each service.  Otherwise it's a little pricey.

I have a full review and pictures in my bio if you're interested!
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Special Event Beauty. Kim, Rachel, and their assistant Noelle did the hair and makeup for me, the moms, bridesmaids, and groomsmaid. Kim and Kerry did me and my sister's hair and makeup for the RD as well. They were awesome and everyone loved their hair/makeup and it really lasted the whole night.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also using Special Event Beauty for my wedding in a few weeks.  The trials were great and I loved working with the girls.  My main concern was to find a company that would travel to us to save us time in the morning and not charge a fortune.  When you have a larger part the prices go down so if you have or 5 more it isn't bad at all. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I also used Special Event, and they were awesome! They did hair and make up for 6 people, and myself in a sort time (I was worried about time), but they were so laid back. They were one of my best vendors.
  • chubbybunnychubbybunny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Caitlin Murphy. I can't say enough good things about her. She does a FABULOUS job with makeup. I didn't use her for hair, but she actually did my hair for me at my trial, just in case I wanted to go out later that night ...and it came out awesome. Definitely check her out...so talented!! Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards