New York-Western
Options

Cake Recommendations

Hello Ladies.  My FI and I are having our wedding in my hometown, Olean in October.  So far so good on most of our checks.  Now is about the time we need to start thinking about the cake and need some recommendations please.

Re: Cake Recommendations

• Options
    We used Muscoreil's and were SOOOOO happy with them.  They truly were awesome to work with (and we get a free top layer baked for us on our 1 year anniversary! no frozen cake for us!)  They might give an extra little deal if you book at a bridal show...so look for that as well.

We used to get many of our cakes at dessert deli (love them too!), but after eating muscoreil's cake.....our families have switched over and have special requested muscoriel's cakes for birrthdays and other events.

definitely check them out =)
  • Options
    I used Dessert Builders, Rich's. The cake was amazing and I still 2 years later get compliments on my cake. Muscoreli and Olshon were my other consideration. We ended up going with best price.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    Ohlson's is awesome to work with and their cakes are fantastic!

Although you may want to check if any of these places will actually deliver to Olean.  It is quite a hike from any of the places mentioned so far...
  • Options
    I second Dessert Builders.  The cake was great and the price was amazing!!  We were able to get three different flavors too by getting a two-tiered cake with a separate sheet cake, so it was nice to have so much variety and have all the guests get something they liked. 

Good luck!

• Options
    I was hoping you ladies would have mentioned a bakery in one of the south towns, or at least closer to the PA border.  The bakeries you mentioned are awesome, but they most likely will charge a cake delivery fee, and that starts to add up with mileage, since Olean is about an hour south.
  • Options
    Sorry I totally missed the Olean part. I had a friend who got her cake from Wegmans. Do you have a Wegmans close by? Also some of the places we mentioned might let you pick up the cake yourself if you want to take that risk. Good Luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    We're trying the Cakery in Fredonia..not sure if that's any closer. Or try Butterwood's...that's near KB?
  • Options
    I am new to this area so I don't know where Orlean is, but if you have Tops near you, try them. We ordered our cake through Tops and it's totally reasonable. A three tier cake to feed up to 140 people was $169. The only downside to them is that you don't have much choice of cake flavor or icing. Also, their photos show ribbon etc on the cake, but I was told I had to provide that part.
    - you were born an original, don't die a copy -
  • Options
    I have a recommendation for you. She is a friend of a close family friend and her cakes are beautiful. My mother told me it was the best cake she's ever had. I would love to have her bake the cake but we are having the wedding in Chautauqua. I'll send you a PM.
  • Options
    We just met with both Muscoreil's and dessert Deli and are torn between the two.  Both tastings went awesome, the cake design is good, they were nice and the cake tasted good.  There was only $35 difference in cost so we really can't decide.  I would check them both out for yourself.  We also went to Rich's and although the cake would have been about $115-150 cheaper we did not get as good of a taste for it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards