Washington-Seattle

booze desperation

Ugh, all these different drink calculators have me so confused! How much wine and beer should I buy for roughly 150 people at a 5 hour evening reception? I DON'T want to run out!
Photobucket

Re: booze desperation

• edited December 2011
    We way overbought and we had about half your guest list.  We had 84 bottles of wine and 2 full sized kegs of beer.  But the thing we didn't factor: last minute we ended up offering spiked punch which apparently was a hit as was the asti spumanti (in lieu of champagne for toasting) and due to the heat people didn't drink much red wine.  And probably a combination of factors we ended up having some people leave earlier than we anticipated (heat, allergies, etc).  I think the amount we bought probably would be about right for you, although you may want to go a smidgen more on both.  Or offer spiked punch. ;)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • MerryfjMerryfj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What was your punch recipe? We already bought 8 1.75 liter bottles of rum and I can't find an easy to make recipe for the masses.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I honestly don't know because it was what the caterer used.  I know it involved Sprite & like frozen red strawberryish Hi-C punch concentrate of some sort and it was delicious.  They had us supply vodka and rum and had 2 spiked offering (1 with vodka and 1 with rum) so offering with just the rum should be fine.  Sounds like you can do a taste test and practice a little bit maybe to tweak to your taste? :)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Well I have 150 ppl and we bought 72 bottles of wine (1/2 red, 1/2 white) and 2 full kegs. But our family and friends are big drinkers. It all depends on that. If your guest list  consists of light drinkers then I would say that is too much.
    For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

• edited December 2011
    For 110 people we bought four cases of beer and had 2 left over, but our wedding was also in winter and we also had wine and hard A, so go figure. evites has a really good drink calculator and is pretty accurate. DH purposly bought extra beer because he wanted the left overs.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think I'm going to be much help but... We had 85 guests and we had a keg and 18 bottles of alcohol for our wedding. The keg literally only had about 4 glasses from it. It was a complete waste of money. All of our "we only drink beer"  drinkers ended up no-showing and everyone else preferred alcohol. We went through 4 bottles of red and 2 bottles of white.

Good luck!
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards