Destination Weddings Discussions

Checks & Shhhh!!

This weekend FI & I picked up our wedding bands and I am in love with mine! The jeweler, Gabe, did an amazing job matching the hand engraving on my e-ring to my wedding band. I can't wait to get married so I can wear it!!! LOL.

Shhhh!! (wel it's not that much of a Shhh!) FI & I got legally married on Thursday. Last Tuesday I totally freaked out because I remembered we still needed to get our marriage license and I had no idea when we would be able to do it since we both have to be there, and they aren't open on the weekends. I submitted the application online (best idea ever!) and then went on to make an appointment online to go get the license. When I was picking an appointment I saw that Wednesday, Nov. 25, was available and FI was getting off early that day from work. So we got it on Wednesday and then I was thinking that since both of our families would be together on Thanksgiving we should do it then. FI's aunt, who is ordained, signed the license. We did it our way - no vows. We wanted to only say our vows once and in Cancun. FMIL and my mom were our witnesses (along with FI's whole extended family). I wanted our moms to do it since mothers kind of get shafted in the whole wedding thing, there's no real "role" for the moms.

Sooo, it was a very good weekend!

Sorry this turned out so long, but those of you who know me - you know I can't keep anything short! Smile

Re: Checks & Shhhh!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards