Tennessee
Options

Just a thought

I was wondering if there was any way to petition for Tennessee to be split geographically on here? I find it frustrating when I see someone's headline and I think I could have some great suggestions and then I click on the entry and they need suggestions for West TN, when I am only familiar with East TN and some of Middle TN. I've visited some other states' sites that are more geographically narrowed down and I find those boards to be more active and more people really getting involved and answering each other's questions.

I've also found it frustrating when I would be looking up vendors and found a place or company and click on it to find out they were not in my area.

I think all of us TN gals are awesome and super helpful, it just may be more beneficial to have it narrowed down a bit more. We are a very large state with each geographical area really being quite different and having many different things to offer.

Any thoughts on this?

Re: Just a thought

• Options
    edited December 2011
    From what I understand, for awhile it was split east and west tenn and there was no activity.  Those girls wanted it brought back together.  I don't think if it matters if it's split or not, there just isn't much action for Tenn on this or any other wedding site. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, that explains a lot then! I work in marketing so I guess I tend to look deeper into things like and see all of the missed opportunities to get word out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loriah are you in Knoxville? You seem to have the same venue ideas as I do! I'd love to hear what you've come across. I'm having the HARDEST time trying to find one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Furturedaniel, I just sent you a PM so you can check that out!
  • Options
    mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This board is always slow, unfortunately. It did used to be split, and then they combined them and it is still slow. I've carried the link in my sig since I've been mod (only recently took it out because I couldn't update my sig with it in it), and posted on FB but it's still slow.

If you have any ideas to make things pick up more, I'd love to hear them!
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I certainly will if I can think of anything. Unfortunately, we can't force people to participate! Do vendors have to apply to the site to be placed on here? I think that his what I have found to be probably the least helpful on here this site is the extreme lack of vendors in the area on here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it really is hard idk maybe its because I'm new to the site but it gets so confusing and I'm in East TN everything I see that I like is in West TN :( it gets so frustrating! hopefully more people will come on here though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm in East TN too. What type of venues are you looking for I'll be happy to point you in some direction if it is in the Knoxville area. I've researched, what feels like, every place between planning my wedding and H.S. reunion this year.
  • Options
    eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tennessee goes farther east than Knoxville, too. If everyone would just put the area in the subject, it would be much easier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well I'm looking for an outdoor venue, I'm looking for an area with some type of water front, I really don't know anywhere around here,  I'm from NY but my fiancee is from here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    East TN is just NOT a happening place haha. Pretty, but slow...
    www.thecuttingetch.etsy.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards