Favors

Rollable Flats vs. Flip Flops

So, I'm trying to deicde beteen flip-flips and rollable flats for my wedding. I think I'm going to go with the flats, because i feel like flip-flops are ALWAYS done and kind of look cheap... I found Cinderollies, the guy is really great to work with, the prices are like 80% off of what they are selling retail..... and people can wear them again... I don't know, thoughts on that vs. FLIP FLOPS??? 

Re: Rollable Flats vs. Flip Flops

• Guests know what kind of shoes to wear. It would be a waste of your time and money to buy these.

If you're talking about for yourself, if you're wearing a formal gown, you should wear shoes that match accordingly.

• Save your money -- don't do either.  No one expects you to provide them with a pair of shoes if their feet hurt.

• I would find rollie-flats weird.... idk.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_rollable-flats-vs-flip-flops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:e915465d-517d-420c-9125-f58183ff4f61Post:ff7c2557-bf63-4760-a76c-15c1a0e9bcc1">Rollable Flats vs. Flip Flops</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I'm trying to deicde beteen flip-flips and rollable flats for my wedding. I think I'm going to go with the flats, because i feel like flip-flops are ALWAYS done and kind of look cheap... I found Cinderollies, the guy is really great to work with, the prices are like 80% off of what they are selling retail..... and people can wear them again... I don't know, thoughts on that vs. FLIP FLOPS??? 
    Posted by lynniea5[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Save your money.  As a guest, I will wear appropriate footwear or bring a pair of flats with me if I think I might need them.  I don't understand this flip flop fad.  Or rollable flats for that matter.

</div>
  • As a guest, I would not use these. I hate flats of any kind. They hurt my feet and they don't stay on right. I wouldn't take a pair of flip flops either because I know what shoes to wear when I go to a wedding.

I think only one guest took off her shoes at my wedding. And that was because they were a little slippery on the dance floor.

• I've seen flip-flops done and I always though it was a cute and fun way to encourage your guests to be comfortable. I've never seen anyone offer flats, but I think it's a fun and orignal spin on the comfy footwear! If your on a tight budget, though, I'd go with whatever is cheaper. 
  • I'm surprised by all the negativity on this topic...some of my guests were super excited to hear I was planning on having some "dancing shoes" available for them.  It's a very nice gesture that's not necissary, but a nice to have.  Like putting baskets in the bathrooms with tampons, bandaids, lotion, hair spray, etc.  Nice to offer your guests, but not expected.  I personally prefer flip-flops over flats, but that's just me - I'm sure either would be very much appreciated by the ladies at the wedding. (I always think it's gross when people go barefoot later in the night - and I have seen that an numerous weddings)
  • I did roll away flats for my bridesmaids only. I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond where they were marked down to $3 each. BARGAIN BUY!! They loved them and used them at the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards