Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Late night menu- when is it needed?

Hi,

My ceremony and wedding are at the same location- a winery- and everything will start at 5:30pm.  Assuming that the cocktail hour is about 30 to 45 minutes and we start dinner at 6:30ish but it goes until midnight, should I provide my guests with late night snacks?  Just not sure if/when they should be offered.

Thanks for your input!

Re: Late night menu- when is it needed?

• edited December 2011
    If dinner is at 6:30 people will be hungry again before midnight. have something around 10 or so, light hord'orves, ice cream sundaes, cookie buffet, I am in love with the idea of a friench fry bar, theres a resturaunt here that has only french frys with over 50 types and toppings, it will not work in my wedding tho :(
    or assemble your own trail mix station
    or you and your fi's fave snacks from childhood
    so many cute options, if your dinner was formal, this is alos an oppourtunity to bring out your fave food and get really funky
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You certainly don't have to.  I had never even heard of that before coming to the Knot, I think it's a fairly new trend.  If you do decide to do, probably 10:00pm would be a good time.  If you have served a full dinner, it won't be expected and it's not necessary, so don't feel obligated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This is one of those trends I'm not entirely convinced by. Don't get me wrong, I love snacking. It's just that, every time I've seen the late night snack thing done, there seems to be way too much food left over! I think fewer people eat than expected. We just had a specialty drink (lemongrass & ginger tonic) and malasadas, and people were still too full from dinner. Part of me (the retrospective part) kinda wishes we hadn't spent the extra money on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards