New York-New York City

Wedding band

We are looking for a great wedding band for our wedding at the Palm House at Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. Because of the acoustics (it's a big glass building) we want to find a band that is very senstive to the sound and will not overpower the entire party. We also don't really want the typical pop music. We like jazz, classic rock, motown, etc. Stuff that we can dance to but won't sound like it is trying to exactly replicate the radio. Any suggestions?

Re: Wedding band

• Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Soul Revival!  They are playing our wedding and we love them!  The play the kind of music you are wanting (jazz, motown, rock) and don't sound cheesy doing it, ie not a Stevie Wonder impression, but their own take on it.  We went to a showcase (after many recommendations about them on here) and booked them immediately.  

Good luck!!
  • susjon08susjon08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used 747 Orchestra and they were fabulous!  One of the many reasons we took them was because our friends got married BBG and 747 had professional sound with a separate engineer and it was never too loud. I think they include it on every party they do.  Their sound is great---their motown, R&B is what they have been know for for many years.  I think they are doing a live showcase next month. (516) 365-5664.  And. their video does NOT do they justice at all
  • edited December 2011
    Live Wire is fantastic and very "sound conscious".

Loved them during their showcase are using them in October. good luck!
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP about Soul Revival!  They played our wedding in Dec. and were amazing!!!!  
  • Princessme516Princessme516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used Bruce Saunders Orchestra for our July wedding.  They were amazing and the dance floor was packed all night. My whole family was very happy and impressed with them.  We got married at Bryant Park Grill which is rather small and I was worried about sound as well but they knew exactly what to do so the sound wouldn't be too overpowering. 

~*B*~
  • edited December 2011
    We just got married on July 17 and used The Dreamteam of NYC Swing.  They were so fun...people raved about the band and danced all night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards