Outdoor Weddings
Options

Supposed to rain- having an outdoor ceremony :(

We have an indoor back-up plan and the garden ceremony area is tented, but I'm so nervous it's going to ruin my chances of having pictures outside :( 

I'm seriously freaking out.  We've been planning this wedding since April of 2011 and it's finally here and I can't even be excited about it. 

Re: Supposed to rain- having an outdoor ceremony :(

• Options
    I know your desire is to have outdoor photos the day of but if you have a good photographer you will get awesome shots to cherish either way. And if you want to or can set it up, if it does rain you can always get dressed up again and go back to take photos at your location when its sunny. I had a coworker's daughter do that. Just something to consider. You are going to stres either way but try not to worry. Rain won't ruin your  big day  Laughing
  • Options
    Or grab some umbrelllas get playful and make the best of it! ;)
  • Options
    Love the idea of umbrellas!! Those could be some super cute pictures! (Our date is next month at an outdoor location, i may steal this idea just incase :) )
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well- I'm looking at it this way:

-Umbrellas will make for cute pics.
    -Overcast lighting is more flattering than direct sunlight (some of the e-pics in the direct sunlight came out kind of rough lol)
    -Rain is actually considered good luck in both Italian & Hindu cultures (and my family is Italian and I'm going to Italy on my honeymoon!)
    -I will wind up married at the end of it regardless of the weather
    -The garden is covered, so I will still be able to have the ceremony outside since it's only a few minutes. 

Still hoping for no rain... but I'm trying to stay positive... the umbrella pics could wind up looking pretty cute!
  • Options
    When/ where in Illinois are you getting married?

I just got married on the 17th with a HUGE outdoor wedding reception on the 18th. Both events were outside and I did everything I could to avoid weather.com the week before my wedding because there was nothing I would be able to do to change it. (However when I did peek it said high of 68degrees with lightning which caused some serious paranoia, The weather changes 20 degrees back and forth the 2 weeks before the wedding). We were just going to have to deal with it, either way. It ended up raining the day they installed the tent but after that we had the most picturesque weather 3 days in a row. It wasn't hot and we had a breeze.  Good luck and you'll have an awesome wedding regardless.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I also went through this. At least you have a back up plan, we totally didn't, lol. But as was already stated, umbrella pics would be so cute and fun, and hey, you will never forget playing in the rain on your wedding day. Tongue out
  • Options
    Pictures in thunderstorms are beautifulllll!!!!!!
  • Options
    we are having an outdoor ceremony, next to a vineyard.. so i understand your vision of outdoorsy pictures!

as a backup, if it rains... i think we will take some umbreallas and have the photos within the vineyards... theres a road and pathways that devide the vineyards so we would stick to the path if the rain gets heavy.

although rain may not be ideal, i think umbreallas create some pretty cosy, memorable pictures! it will be very sweet seeing your husband shield you with his umbrella, i think its quite romantic actually!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so in love with the umbrella idea that I'm jealous!  Too bad I'm getting married in the desert.  It doesn't rain from June through November here lol.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Rain on your wedding day is a sign of good luck during your marriage!!!

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My sister got married in Southern WI and there were scattered thunderstorms that day.  When there was a break in the storms between the ceremony and reception, we all jumped out of the limo and got outdoor pictures in at a public garden.  Everything was wet which meant the colors were saturated and the over-cast sky made the photographer's job easier.  Her photos turned out great and no one got soaked!  

Keep thinking positively and it will be fine either way.  I know I will start worrying when it gets closer to my wedding date.  I am most concerned about wind here in CO though.  Just repeat the mantra, 'Rain or shine, I'll be fine'. :-)
  • Options
    Get yourself a big umbrella and a pair of funky rainboots and make the most of the rain - it can be SUPER fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OP's wedding was 10 days ago.
  • Options
    I think MAY in kansas can go either way I think I will have and umberlla just in case to get some fun cute pics! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards