Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Met with Vendors

Ok so here is how my day went:
Kind of long.

I am really wanting a decent price photographer- FI has already been talking to a few different choices, after reading the lucky clover problems I am guessing we should scratch them off of our list.  Does anyone have any real experience with one under a thousand?  So I go to Reading today to look at flowers and I was impressed with Oasis florist - they were the basics and were right in our budget.  Has anyone ever done business with them?
I wanted to book with Zach of all trades (DJ)his rates were only $400 a wedding, but he is booked on our date :(
I met with Brett Hatfield from hatfieldproductions.  He gave me a contract and wouldn't let me sign it, he insisted I take it home and look over at it.  He was down to earth and promised me under a thousand for 2 videographers all day with well wishes from my guest.  I will most likely book with him. 
I walked up and down Benson to get a feel of everything and I went off diet while walking into Patricas cakes - free samples were amazing!  However, I doubt I use them for cakes, because of the price.  If its in your budget I would go for it. 
So I have my flowers and most likely my videographer.  Does anyone know any good DJ"s or Limo Service?  Is having a Limo even a must?
Sorry so long, but have a lot of questions.
Its offical...I am married!!

Re: Met with Vendors

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You mentioned about photographer so here are my recommendations, which I also recently posted so some of you may be reading this again:

I recommend Written Bliss Photography, who is changing her name to Lisa Rice Photography soon.  Her travel fee is likely to be around $75 from Columbus so don't let location deter you.  imo, her skill level is worth at least $2k but she only charges starting $800.  Her website is http://writtenblissphotography.com/blog.

I also recommend Tracy Doyle Photography.  Her packages start at $1.9k.  We booked her!

For your limo question, we decided not to get a limo.  We were gonna stay after Mass for pictures and we plan to be among the last guests to leave the reception so there wasn't an incentive.  It's not a must.  I'd say, most brides agree to focus your budget on photography and food; limo if you have extra.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    schroeadschroead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided to go with Studio 3 Photography. We met with the girls a while back, and they seem great. They are very honest and open to taking things out/adding things to a package. You get 2 photographers on your big day if you get the $900 or more package, but their cheapest is $700.

As for DJs, FI and I went to sooo many wedding shows and by far the most professional DJs were Great Day Productions. They are a little more pricy than the others, but you get a DJ AND EMCEE!

A limo is not required, but it will surely make life a lot easier on the day! If you're on a budget though...just find someone with a van and you are golden! Good luck on the planning!
    !Happily Married!
  • Options
    jennearstonjennearston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to go with studio 3, but they were also booked.  Plus they have a package with Brett, so we were going to knock out 2 birds with one stone.  I went ahead and booked brett hatfield as our videographer.  Will probably go with oasis flowers in Reading.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure Oasis itemizes their items.  I went there and really was not impressed.  They wouldn't itemize my bill, and it was really high when I broke it down. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay, I have read mixed reviews on them, its either a yes or no.  They seemed pretty good in my eyes, FI really doesn't have much say in flowers :)
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For flowers, look into Katie Elfers.  She's amazing for what you pay.  Her website is http://www.katieelfers.com , I was very impressed!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay I will check her out; that link you sent didn't work, but I found her in google.
    Thanks a bunch!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We went with Studio 3 Photography also, we LOVE our engagement pics. THeir prices start at 700.oo, but we chose the package that included videography from BHP We also may go with Oasis Florists. They have a 999 package that includeds most of what we need and we have heard very nice things about them.

For cake we are in love with Maribelle Cakery and Sweetwater bakehouse. All I can say is YUM. We are going back to both places over the weekend as well as trying out Spoon Full a Sugar and Patricias.

The websites for the people we have gone with/like are
    studio3photographygallery.com
    hatfieldproductions.com
    maribellecakerycincinnati.com
    sweetwaterbakehouse.com
    oasisfloristsusa.com

(Saturday we will be in a HAPPY sugar coma!! Sunday on the tredmill all day at the YMCA!!)

• Options
    abromanelloabromanello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know when your wedding is, but I am using Thomas Bartler photography for my May 15 wedding.  I will post reviews after honeymoon.  A friend has used him, and for an 8 hour pkg, with photo book and DVD of all pictures, I'm paying $995.  So we'll see how it turns out.  If you have any questions, you can email me at abromanello at yahoo dot com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards