Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

DJ Question

Just starting to look for DJ's.  What is the average price everyone is finding in the Pittsburgh area?  The first quote I recieved seems rather high, but I have nothing else to compare it to.

THANKS!

Re: DJ Question

• I'd say average is around $1K, but the range is prob $700-$2K.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used DJ Tooth (iamtooth@aol.com)  and he was more than just a DJ and was very reasonable.  He helped move the whole ceremony and wedding along properly.
  • Our dj was 1200 but I got quotes close to 3000
  • I'm paying $975 for my really well-reviewed dj but got some quotes that were much much higher, and some for only about $600 that seemed a little cheesy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  The first quote I recieved was for around $1,200 which seemed really high for what we were looking for.  I was just quoted $600 for same time period so going to meet this DJ soon.  Fingers crossed!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_dj-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:c19d2039-54ce-4acf-8e7c-8b96d1bd40ecPost:18f88390-87c0-48b0-9e93-44096cc7b2a1">Re: DJ Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!  The first quote I recieved was for around $1,200 which seemed really high for what we were looking for.  I was just quoted $600 for same time period so going to meet this DJ soon.  Fingers crossed!
    Posted by a354663[/QUOTE]

In my DJ search I found a lot of DJs in the $700-1000 price range but I'm trying to find one $600 or preferably below.  If you don't mind, what DJ gave the $600 quote?  My wedding is next May.  :)
  • I just posted to your other post :-)
    I found a very reasonable experienced DJ that starts at $600.
    prosounddjs26@aol.com
    Steve Werkmeister

He will meet with you too just to make sure it's a good fit.  Very pleased so far!
  • Our wedding DJ was Mark Buchek, www.boochx.com. His rate was super reasonable and he's very professional and easy going. He kept everything running very smoothly and was not a cheese ball at all. In 2008, I believe we paid him $500 for 5 or 6 hours of time. I'm sure it's gone up a bit with inflation, but I'd check. Best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards