Colorado

Tre Luna, Colorado Springs

Has anyone heard anything about this venue?  I have a friend getting married this month and she just told me that the "wedding coordinator" quit/laid off/not working and she's having a difficult time getting in touch with anyone from the venue.  Some of her other vendors have her in a panic even wondering if they are even still in business or honoring her contracts.  She's working on a back up plan but with the wedding only a little over 2 weeks away I'd like to know if anyone has had any dealings with them lately.  She doesn't need to be worrying about this kind of thing so close to the date.....thanks ladies!  I know you have the answers I seek! ;-)

Re: Tre Luna, Colorado Springs

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's awful.  My friends had their reception there, but it was almost 2 years ago.  I know they were very satisfied with their dealings with the venue coordinator, and the reception was nice.  Sorry - I don't know anything about their current status, since they're only open for special events and it's hard to tell from the outside if they're still in business.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I appreciate taking the time to answer!  The reviews are great and everyone says they are awesome.  Just hoping we get the opportunity to see how great they are! 
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    edited December 2011
    Well....turns out 10 days before the wedding they are out the ENTIRE RECEPTION!!!!  ALL MONEY GONE!!!! We're now working on Plan B which will be far more AWESOME than Tre Luna could provide! 

Bad Vendor Review coming soon!  TRE LUNA IS CLOSED!!!!
  • Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    edited December 2011
    That's crap!  If they close down, at the VERY LEAST, they should be refunding the money from the reception.  Booo!!!!!!!!!!
  • marissaboveemarissabovee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a former employee of Tre Luna and Mystic Meadows.  Jamal Ross, the owner, still owes me and several other employees money.  I quit after two and a half months because he is most unscrupulous, lying, decieving person I've ever met.  I'm so sorry for your friend and her situation.

Here is the recent news story on him - http://www.krdo.com/news/24935814/detail.html.

I now work for another wedding-oriented business.  If your friend needs help finding a venue that will work with her, let me know and I'll do anything I can to help!
  • edited December 2011
    Saw this Tre Luna thing on the news.  So sad that people lost all $$ put into it, I'd be pisssssssed.
  • susieqt757susieqt757 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too have booked with Tre Luna, back in January, and found out about 2 months ago that they were closing. We had been working with one of the event coordinators and she was so awesome, but got news she was laid off. I had never even met the owner of this company. It was a battle, and we were afraid we were out a lot of money as well. We spoke with the owners of the building, which happens to be The Mining Exchange Hotel, and they are supposed to be working everything out with Jamal.... All we can do now is just keep our fingers crossed that it actually happens. My heart goes out to all the brides that were affected by this.  This is one of the most important days of our lives and no one should have to go through it.  Good luck to all that were booked with Jamal/Tre Luna.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards