July 2013 Weddings

Just Booked Ceremony Music!!

Yay! Very excited that we just booked our ceremony/cocktail hour music. Our wedding is on the beach so we are having a steel drum player. What kinds of ceremony/reception music is everyone else doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just Booked Ceremony Music!!

• Congrats!

I have not even considered ceremony music. My chapel comes with an organ player in the package & I hadnt put much thought into it after that. I'm not even sure if I want to use an organ player.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think an organ player would be awesome. Where I live there is this really old outside organ with free concerts in a park. Sometimes we hear it when we are down there and it is really amazing. I don't know how anyone could ever learn to play ones of those!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whatever our church offers or suggests
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Were having a guitarist at the ceremony playing.. Still trying to decide about the dinner reception
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are just having a regular old DJ for the reception. Bands are so expensive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having a pianist play for our ceremony and during dinner!

How much did you end up spending for your musician, if you don't mind me asking?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• For the ceremony/cocktail hour we paid $400. He will play for two hours beacuse we are going to have him start a little early so he is playing when guests arrive. We also have to get him an umbrella to protect the steel drum from the sun....whatever how much can they be? :)

Our DJ was about $1,000 I think for 5 hours. He is also going to do our lighting.

I wish a magic wedding fairy would pay for everything!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My church organist will be the main musician, but he will play piano, not organ (too traditional!)  My cousin's fiancee will sing for the ceremony at some point and another cousin is a wonderful cellist, so I will probably ask her to play for a part too.  I'm thinking either the prelude or recessional.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm going to use a basic mixer to make an mp3 for our ceremony so the song will play during the processional and then fade out.  I plan on buying on of these for the ceromony, which will then find a home on my back porch after the wedding:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_018SNDLNK/Bose-SoundLink-Wireless-Mobile-speaker.html?search=Bose+VENDORID018&searchdisplay=Bose

For our reception I'll probably just put together a simple ipod playlist.  Besides a few traditional dances, music will just be background noise for our dinner party.

I have a few friends that are DJs and I'll probably look into hiring one of them for our AHR.  I love the idea of giving business to other friends who are small business owners, and the fact that they might cut us a deal won't hurt. :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Fun! Fi is in charge of that. Friends band from college which is great. They have discussed everything but price though!!
  • That's awesome! FI's cousin's husband is DJ'ing our reception - he gave us a HUGE discount, so we are paying $350 for 5 hours. I actually just received our contract for our ceremony musician tonight, and I am really excited about that! He will play steel string guitar and/or ukulele. $250 for an hour I think - 30 minutes prior to the ceremony and then during. We get to choose 3 songs to have played during the processional, bride's entrance, and recessional... I am pretty sure we will go with some Jack Johnson songs. :) Yay! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_just-booked-ceremony-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:8857a123-b1fc-42e7-9ea2-4e94d6afdfb3Post:32eecbe4-3f94-473c-b663-7f722669343d">Re: Just Booked Ceremony Music!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] FI's cousin's husband is DJ'ing our reception - he gave us a HUGE discount, so we are paying $350 for 5 hours. 
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's amazing!!!!

BTW- My FI LOVES Jack Johnson. I think he played that Banana Pancakes song about a million times when he first heard it. ahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_just-booked-ceremony-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:8857a123-b1fc-42e7-9ea2-4e94d6afdfb3Post:eab477a1-8549-4794-a409-988c69b39197">Re: Just Booked Ceremony Music!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Booked Ceremony Music!! : Wow! That's amazing!!!! BTW- My FI LOVES Jack Johnson. I think he played that Banana Pancakes song about a million times when he first heard it. ahaha
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LOL. That is a really great song! Our ceremony guitarist said that is one of his most popular Jack Johnson wedding song requests, along with "Better Together". 
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards