Catholic Weddings

Happy Tuesday!

Anyone have anything exciting going on?  I feel like we had so much excitement last week, between finding out Baby Professor is a girl, to finding out there's going to be a baby MissySue!  Speaking of babies...when do you find out what you're having, Chelsea? 

I have nothing exciting going on.  Oh, except that my eyes have gotten way worse, apparently, so my eye doctor told me to stop wearing my glasses when I'm on the computer (I'm not an eye dr, Idk why...), so I'm dying here! 

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• I don't have much going on this week, other than that H and I need to do some serious cleaning and de-cluttering over the rest of the week and weekend, since we should be listing our condo the beginning of next week.  It'll definitely be hard for us to constantly keep it clean for possible showings, since neither of us is a neat-freak by nature.

We've been working with a realtor who seems really great, so I hope this whole process goes smoothly.  We have a few potential houses in mind, so I'm just praying that we'll get an offer on our condo and have an offer on a house accepted at the same time, so we can just transition from one place to the other.  The sooner that happens, the sooner I can join the CW mommies/mommy-to-be club :)
  • Well these are minor, but I’m excited because JH learned to give kisses…he’ll grab your cheeks with both hands and smush his drooly mouth up against yours. He will do it both unsolicited and (usually) when asked. It’s freaking adorable, if I do say so myself. I’ve also got a bunch of cloth diapers on their way to me, about which I am disproportionately psyched.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Erin, that's so exciting that you're going to move!  I hope the whole process goes smoothly :) 

Caitriona -- SO CUTE! 

• Oh, wow, Caitriona, that is SO CUTE.

Erin, good luck on the house hunt!

An unexpected but pleasant side effect of all the snow they got in Western Texas/Oklahoma is that H can't actually get out to the sites where he usually works, so he's been given permission to just work from home.  So while I sit and miserably nurse a sinus infection, he takes care of me!
    Anniversary

• Eugh, no fun to be pregnant and sick, but nice that H is home! Hope you feel better soon.
  • Prof, I hope you get better soon!

Erin, I didn't say anything on the other thread, but good luck with house buying/selling!

My life is pretty boring, but I get to live vicarioiusly through FI. As I mentioned yesterday, he made an offer on a house today and I'm so excited for him. He also gets to help plan his work's expansion/move and since a few months ago we decided he could stay there another four years, if the expansion goes well, he'll get a raise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Caitr- I totally understand your excitement over the cloth diapers!! I haven't bought any new ones for sooo long I am going through withdrawal. What kind did you get?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Cloth diapers?  Wow, you ladies are brave! 

• Tea—I got a couple a few weeks ago to try out…a bum genius all-in-one, a BG pocket, a flip, and a couple pre-folds. I ended up liking the pocket one best, but I don’t mind the pre-folds and I want to go to cloth full-time (and didn’t feel like shelling out for 24ish BG pockets at $18 a pop,) so when I did my big order I got a split between pockets & pre-folds and some cute covers. I thought I’d like the all-in-one best, but it takes like 48 hours to dry and I wasn’t a fan of that.

Erin—I was super intimidated until I got a couple & tried them. I was sold pretty much immediately.

• Cait and Tea - I'll definitely be picking your brains on the cloth diaper thing when the time comes.  It's something I'd like to know more about, but I don't know anyone who does it (other than my mom back in the 80's, haha)
  • Oh, exciting! sounds like a nice mix. We have been really happy with our dipes. We have been all cloth since he was 2 weeks old... Sounds hardcore when I say that, I guess. We had a couple Flips, but don't love them - they are just more finicky about washing and got a lot of buildup really fast with our washing routine. So we've stuck to prefolds and have been happy with those. I do love the Flip covers, though, and that is the majority of what we use. With a few other cute random ones... Because the cute covers is what makes cloth the best! ;) We still use disposables for daycare when he goes and usually for trips to grandma's, too. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards