Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Honeymoon Countdown (& H's injury update--XP)

The good news: 4 more sleeps!
The bad news: H was at doc today, we *thought* he'd get out of the boot today but doc says 3 more weeks.
More good news: We'd already devised a Plan B for the California leg of our trip so we'll still have a blast!

Our original plan/reservations for the California leg of the HM was to stay in Santa Monica at the beach, and take the bus over to Hollywood for a day to shop and play. Well we decided Sunday that if he was still going to be stuck in the boot, that we'd cancel the reservations at the beach and just stay in Hollywood instead. Much more there to do--museums, shops etc and he's ok to swim in a pool without the boot. So we scoped out hotels and found an awesome deal at a hotel around Universal Studios. 4 nights in the hotel and a 7 day pass to Universal Studios for only $615 total!   We actually decided yesterday we were both digging plan B better and were probably going to change anyway, but the verdict from the doc definitely confirmed a change is in order!

In Vegas, we are seeing a Cirque de Soleil show Saturday night, Sunday we're getting a monorail pass and hopping up & down the Strip and checking out 3 exhibits: the Titanic Exhibit, the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, and an interactive CSI exhibit where you try to solve the case!  Monday night we are seeing Phantom of the Opera which plays at our hotel:
www.thevenetian.com/">http://www.thevenetian.com/

And in Hollywood we'll definitely do at least a day at Universal, probably go up to the CItyWalk there one night, we're meeting a friend of mine for dinner one night, then shopping, eating and sightseeing!  The hotel we just booked is this:

www.beverlygarland.com/">http://www.beverlygarland.com/

WE. CAN'T. WAIT.
Crosswalk

Re: Honeymoon Countdown (& H's injury update--XP)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_honeymoon-countdown-hs-injury-update-xp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:29f69aa0-4e34-4a87-9710-2c0824a18a4dPost:45966dd2-e277-42f0-a03c-e3a3599d4656">Honeymoon Countdown (& H's injury update--XP)</a>:
    [QUOTE] Sunday we're getting a monorail pass and hopping up & down the Strip and checking out 3 exhibits: the Titanic Exhibit, the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, and an interactive CSI exhibit where you try to solve the case!  Monday night we are seeing Phantom of the Opera which plays at our hotel
    Posted by Pirata13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LOL!  I think you copied this directly from my blog!  J/K.  We did the exact same thing (literally) for our 1st anniversary back in June.  If you want to read what we thought of it, here's the link: <a href="http://jpandsmworld.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/our-anniversary-trip-to-las-vegas-or-otherwise-known-as-the-elusive-case-of-the-missing-cheese-danish/">Blog  </a></div><div>
    </div><div>I'm sure you'll have a blast.</div><div>

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like a blast! It totally stinks that your husband is still in the boot, but I am happy that you devised a plan B.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL slm that is hilarious! We'd planned on Phantom because we booked a package with the Venetian. Then this weekend we were scoping out the exhibits. One of the links led us to the 3/$54 and we said holy crap that's like buy 2 get 1 free essentially so we were game!
    Crosswalk
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome deal! Have a wonderful HM!! I'm glad everything's working out for you and DH.
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a lot of fun! Hope DH isn't in too much pain and can have fun and relax!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry FI might still be in his boot but glad you came up with a 'plan b' that you like more anyway!! LA is fabulous - you're going to have an amazing time!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like fun!  Have a great time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo, your trip sounds amazing!  I'm sorry DH is still in the boot but it sounds like it won't be much of an issue at all.  Please come back and post about all the fabulous restaurants where you ate :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you guys still have awesome plans!  Which Cirque show are you seeing?  We saw LOVE a year ago and it was absolutely amazing.  I would pay to see it over and over (and I'm not even a HUGE Beatles fan!!)

Have a great time and enjoy yourselves a ton!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LaFemme--I sure will! Already scoping out some eats!  I have been in LA several times so there a couple places I like and haven't been to for a while. Neither of us have stayed on the Universal end of town so it should be fun! I definitely am looking forward to some authentic Mexican food in Cali!

Inked--we are seeing "O" over at Bellagio! We really wanted to see "Zumanity" but they're on a break til Sept 10, and we're only there til the 7th.  :(
    Crosswalk
  • edited December 2011
    I heard "O" was really good!  Enjoy your time there.  My avatar picture is actually in front of the Bellagio fountain!  I was obsessed with it and had to see it every day from all different angles.

We had an amazing dinner at the Eiffel Tower restaurant, too, at Paris.  It was probably the most expensive dinner I'll ever eat besides my wedding reception, but it was great.  If you get the chance to eat there, I recommend it for a splurge.  If anything, we tell everyone to at least go for dessert for the souffle.  To. Die. For.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards