Wedding Woes
Options

::loveshine::

I was thinking about you, via your roasted corn quesidilla recipe this morning.

Before summer began, H and I were anxiously awaiting the fresh summer corn at the farmer's market, *just* so we could make that recipe.

(It has become a MinM family favorite and we even serve it at dinner parties).

The corn this summer has been rubbish and we haven't had the quesidillas. It makes me has a sad.

Ahywhoo - I was thinking about you :)

Re: ::loveshine::

• Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ooo, I have some fresh corn. Can you post the recipe?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have the specifics on hand, but essentially you roast some corn (you can do it in a skillet on your stove with canned corn, but I prefer it when H grills fresh corn on the grill) and you add it to some goat cheese and green onions. Smear that delecious mix on tortillas and serve with tomatillo sauce.
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    edited December 2011
    That sounds absolutely brilliant. I also prefer my corn cooked on the grill. And now I know what is for dinner Sunday night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jojo - Paula Deen has this house seasoning mix. It is salt, pepper and garlic powder (again, I don't have the specifics on hand) that I add to butter, and put that on the corn before it goes onto the grill. After the corn has been slathered in (what we call) Paula Deen butter, I wrap it in foil and it hits the grill. It is so fricking good. I recomment that, too.
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    edited December 2011
    I know her house seasoning well, but I've never tried buttering/seasoning the corn up before grilling it, I'll have to give it a try! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards