Illinois-Chicago

Where are you having your...

Re: Where are you having your...

• edited December 2011

we are goin kinda big... we are going to have our's at US Celluar in a Diamond Suite, schedule permitting... just waitin for that new season to come out.  If for some reason the are not at home, we are going to have it at Heroe's West in Joliet

How about you?

• edited December 2011
    We are having it at The Palm in the Swissotel, but I am still not 100% sold on this location :(
  • edited December 2011
    We were almost 100% on Quartino, but decided to go with Mia Francesca.

We also considered Fulton's on the River, The Signature Room, Joe's Stone Crab, & Shaw's!

Went with Mia because it's a go-to for us, and we have so many fun memories there!  We probably would have chosen Joe's Stone Crab if the room held more people though!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • edited December 2011
    I really want it at The Signature Room, but I don't think it is affordable! They told us the minimum was 3500, which is a lot for a RD.
  • lawhitedlawhited member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with the uber-elegant John Barleycorn in Lincoln Park. 

While it's not exactly what I had initially envisioned for my RD, it's one block from our church and the price was right so it actually worked out perfectly.  They have been great to deal with and I love that our guests can just walk over from the rehearsal.   
  • edited December 2011
    That is a good idea!!! Ours has free valet for 3 hours, which is what I am really excited about.
  • lawhitedlawhited member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooooh - yes!!  Free valet for 3 hours is huge.  Your guests will love that.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are thinking about The Department in Joliet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my in laws wanted to do it for $14 a person. i told them the best i can do is $20. we are going to walker brothers in lincolnshire. if they weren't so stingy we'd be doing a lettuce entertain you restaurant of some sort
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Wildfire in Lincolnshire :-)
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at one of the Francesca's locations. The food was fantastic (as always) and their wine list is top notch (I admit to being a wine snob). We paid for wine by the bottle, the meal including apps, salad, two entrees and dessert was about $24pp and were able to take home leftovers of the wine and food. Highly recommend. :)

• edited December 2011
    We are going budget friendly (and yummy) and having it at Gino's East in Rolling Meadows.  It's also exactly in between the chuch and hotel. 

lawhited - Barleycorn is a super fun idea!
  • ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also doing Gino's East but in the city. I like more of a casual RD and most everyone is from out of town so they will like having "Chicago style deep dish".
  • edited December 2011
    i went to a shower at john barleycorn...it was great! 

i always wanted to have my rehearsal dinner at gino's east!  lol  but we're doing it at the hotel...the rehearsal/ceremony are there, everyone is staying there, it just made more sense. 
  • ee773ee773 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is at Joe's Stone Crab downtown.  A close second was Wildfire.  We're having about 35 guests; it's more for out-of-towners than a traditional rehearsal dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    We are also doing Gino's East, I think its perfect for a big RD ( we have 60 people ugh) and for all the out of towners
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Pompei in Oak Brook Terrace.  They are super nice there, the food is great, the packages are very cost effective, and it is very convenient for everyone (free parking, near the church, etc).   We wanted to keep it affordable seeing as how FI is paying for it along with our entire European honeymoon.  Also, most of my family has never been to a "fancy" wedding before so they didn't even know what a rehearsal dinner was before I told them.  Hence, they aren't expecting something major.  If any of you other ladies are interested in them I know they also have private party facilities at the Little Italy (Taylor Street) and Schaumburg locations.

Not really RD, but as a thank you to our parents for all of their help we are taking them to Gibson's on Thursday night though.  I am really excited to take my parents there.  They are from a small town in Michigan and consider Outback to be great steak;).
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_having?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:7c537057-267b-4d05-8ceb-40539de96488Post:8f2e3331-3adf-416f-9476-52f42bd220ed">Re: Where are you having your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wildfire in Lincolnshire :-)
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>i work there haha</div>
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards