Michigan-Detroit
Options

Standing up for all Michigan/Detroit knoties!

So I saw a post that just made me so mad!  I'm not one to usually say anything to another knotie but I felt like I had to.  A knotie not from Michigan put a post on our Michigan/Detroit board today saying she had stuff for sale.  I took a look because its not our normal Wanted Wednesday and I'm always up for a good deal.  Well I clicked on the link and noticed a lot of the things she is selling are from Ikea.  The items from Ikea she marked up by (most items) twice the cost of what you can buy them from in store or online.  I added a comment to her post saying I was sorry but that I thought us knoties tried to help each other out.  And, that I wasn't trying to be rude but why would she try and make money off of someone who might not know better.  I may have just kept my anger to myself but I couldn't help it.  Its hard enough to have to deal with a million vendors who most the time won't give you a break because they know they can sell what they are selling for a huge cost.  So, maybe I should have just minded my own business but I didn't want anyone to get ripped off.  Sorry, but that was my vent for the day.

Re: Standing up for all Michigan/Detroit knoties!

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted this in the other thread but just thought it would be a good point to reiterate.  While I make no judgements on the intent of the poster (whether she meant to over price her items or not), it's a good reminder that everyone should do their research before purchasing.
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was also VERY frustrated to find out she's an hour and half away and not willing to drop prices for shipping and/ or driving time. i feel she should have said "just FYI i am NOT local"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_standing-up-michigandetroit-knoties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:4b337f17-d724-404a-a8d9-9bf7c7a9b604Post:aa488585-329c-4412-b85c-50b894176c9f">Re: Standing up for all Michigan/Detroit knoties!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i was also VERY frustrated to find out she's an hour and half away and not willing to drop prices for shipping and/ or driving time. i feel she should have said <strong>"just FYI i am NOT local"
    </strong>Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]
    To be fair, at the top of her for sale page it clearly states that the items are in the Toledo area so she was very forthcoming with that information.

And as a person who is selling my items as well, generally I'm not going to drop the prices just because you need the items shipped.  If you want the items, you pay shipping.  I've made plenty of trips to the post office the past few weeks (at least 1-2/week) to ship things that non-local people have bought of mine so plenty of brides are willing to pay the shipping costs (as did I when I was buying my items from past knotties).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards