Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Candy Bar Candy

We are doing a candy bar the reception. Our wedding colors are pink and orange, But I think it is going to be difficult filling 27 huge jars with pink and orange candy. What are your thoughts about straying from the color scheme for the candy? 

Re: Candy Bar Candy

• Options
    I think it's fine. Trust me no one is going to comment about how your candy doesnt match your invites or bridesmaid dresses. Especially since you're feeding them. Be sure to get a good variety of candies, ie chocolates, gummies and salty snacks. so there's something for everyone.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    We did not keep to our color scheme. 

To be honest, I really don't get why people do.  I don't see the point of picking out candy for it's color.  Candy is colorful, fun and can be nostalgic.  Why limit yourself like that?   We just pick our favorite candies and some favorites of our VIPs.  People LOVED seeing their favorite childhood candies on the bar.  It was fun for them.  

I say make it fun.  Pick out your favorites and maybe even some favorites of your guests.

We did make our tablecloths and containers match the wedding colors.  Sometimes less is more.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We kept with the theme, but the only reason is because our color is red, so we purchased all of our candy on February 15th at 50% off. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we are doing a candy bar and we are just doing different types of candy.. no color scheme bc it is more expensive. We are just going to sams club or costco to get candy instead of ordering from a specialized site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards