Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening Thread

Re: Evening Thread

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:22daab2d-359b-48ff-a060-c23692982db1">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to assume she is a mom, otherwise I'm not sure what "this is all worth it" means.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea, that part threw me off at first too. Or she's in legislation maybe?</div>
  • She's going to college or tech school for something, but I don't know what.  Certainly nothing that will affect Supreme Court opinions.  The school stuff was referenced in the early part of the status update. 
  • HA, she's going to school to do ultrasounds!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:8a7646c4-d8b0-4537-a1bd-57dec94a1bf2">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]HA, she's going to school to do ultrasounds!
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Ok I guess I see what she means then. She wants to be part of the process that often ties a woman even more to their child(in many cases). Or whatnot.
  • Although I would hope she is smart enough not to impute her bias onto a person going in for an ultrasound.
  • I guess it makes sense, but I love that she thinks that her contribution will help overturn roe vs. wade.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:dc6b2426-8746-4f2c-9ca3-a4bebf360ae5">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Although I would hope she is smart enough not to impute her bias onto a person going in for an ultrasound.

<div>She would consider it an opportunity to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ to that heathen.</div>
  • H hates Tom Brady.  And we both hate Manning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:dc6b2426-8746-4f2c-9ca3-a4bebf360ae5">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Although I would hope she is smart enough not to impute her bias onto a person going in for an ultrasound.
    omg, the words that would come out of my mouth if someone tried to impart their beliefs on me....  <div>and i'm watching law & order and they keep referencing roe v wade, even though it had nothing to do with the case.  </div>
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:47479bb2-aa2e-421f-a598-5bed51bfe6f8">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread : She would consider it an opportunity to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ to that heathen.

Ah. Well. Even though I'm Christian and don't plan on ever having an abortion, she is not the type of ultrasound tech that I would wish to have.
  • Oh Lord, I would not want someone to preach the gospel to me while getting an ultrasound.
  • mica!  how did your prostate exams go?
    Photobucket
  • I thought about posting this link on her status:

But decided to share it on my "timeline" instead.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:735f84df-007f-4ec4-aa17-014a5ef4b313">Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Evening! If money was no object and you (and your SO) didn't have to work, what would you do? Or just talk about what you're having for dinner.  That's cool too.

<div>You've probably moved on but.. right now.  I'd take 6 months and through-hike the Appalachian Trail... and then go to Chamonix France and live in a Chalet and ski winters and hike summers and speak French.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:17b0c121-83ed-4c33-ab60-1262dc32e053">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread : omg, the words that would come out of my mouth if someone tried to impart their beliefs on me....   and i'm watching law & order and they keep referencing roe v wade, even though it had nothing to do with the case.  
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the scene from Juno with the nurse and how kick ass Alison Janney was in that scene, haha.
  • I just don't believe in legislating morality.  If someone wants to have abortions in place of using birth control, they should be allowed to make that choice, IMO.  Do I think it is a good choice? No.  But I believe they should have the right to make it.
  • That sounds like a good use of your unlimited wealth, Loopy!
  • Wow, I'm behind on this conversation.  Oops.
  • hahahahah. ok this is totally random but I'm scrolling through my main page on pinterest and a girl I used to dance with pinned a photo of a woman wearing a tank top that has a completely lace & see through back. Her caption for said pin? "Classy".

lmao.
  • I loved that scene MuSu.  I still can't figure out though is she (Juno) said "Brends, you's a d!ck." or "Brends, use a d!ck", because in my twisted mind, both work. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:32cc716b-d06b-4a37-b3cd-2ce5dc7abd5e">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I loved that scene MuSu.  I still can't figure out though is she (Juno) said "Brends, you's a d!ck." or "Brends, use a d!ck", because in my twisted mind, both work. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

haha I haven't ever pondered the line before. But yes, I can see either making sense too! lol.
  • KJB -- it was fine.  The students managed to keep their composure, although I'm fairly certain that 70% of what they said outside of the room would have qualified for sexual harrassment.
  • ha, that's ok.  70% of an OR break room convo would qualify for the same :)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:931e250d-96ef-41ec-aa99-bd2cfc9212fcPost:2e00e2e2-0560-4401-95ba-9e8b2502e4af">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't believe in legislating morality.  If someone wants to have abortions in place of using birth control, they should be allowed to make that choice, IMO.  Do I think it is a good choice? No.  But I believe they should have the right to make it.

<div>This!!  I agree with this 1000%</div>
  • I'd rather a child not be conceived in the first place, but I'm personally thankful that our world doesn't have an additional 53 million extra people born every year that most likely would live under the poverty line and would struggle just to survive.
  • Chrissy - you got it.. Mont Blanc was beautiful.  It was our favorite place on our honeymoon and we wish we'd stayed in Chamonix longer.  We want to go back for a week or two just to stay there, earlier in the hiking season.
  • Yeah Chrissy, I think it is too. 53 mil per year would be rather astounding.
  • Hi guys!

Well, I've tried the sitting on your ass game for several weeks, and it gets old, so I'd do something. I just  don't know what. Maybe just keep going to school and getting different degrees. I kind of like being in school as a grown-up.

I'd like to have a bunch of dogs, but Max already eats like a cow and takes up more than 1/3 of the bed, so a second dog would be tipping the balance in the house to canine rules (which is where it borders now).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • You can take my place missy! I've been in school non-stop (aside from summer break--and even then I took classes a few times in the summer!) since 1993. Gawd I can't wait to be done.
  • Chrissy - I went to France in high school too.  Paris, Arles, Avignon, and Aix-en-Provence.  I took French classes starting in 6th grade through a couple semesters in college.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards