Ohio-Columbus

Is this board always this lame??

Hi Ladies,
     So I have been looking at this board for a couple of months now and I joined because a friend of mine who got married 2 years ago said it was really active and you could see 20-25 new posts everyday. Since I joined in Jan. it seems like only 5 or 6 a day.  Is it always this slow?

Are there more active local Columbus boards that people are going to now?

Thanks

Kim

Re: Is this board always this lame??

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been on here as much as I used to be when I first started planning, but back then there really did seem to be a lot more traffic.  Not sure what the deal is.  If you have wedding related questions or need advice though, there's always someone on here to help you out.  Good luck!
  • brih86brih86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I feel like it has slowed down some, but this is nothing.  I live in Virginia (but am getting married in Columbus) and I checked out the local board here and they have like maybe 1 new post per week.  But if you have any questions, ask!  Everyone here is more than helpful Smile
  • jordylee8455jordylee8455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I planned my wedding last year (got married in may) and the board was a LOT more active. the knot changed the layout and i think it turned off a lot of people - it seems like once the summer weddings were over, not as many new people stuck around and posted a lot. there are still people lurking around though if you have any specific questions
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It has definitely slowed down a lot.  Not sure why exactly.  Hopefully there will be a lot of vendor review posts soon since wedding season is gearing up.  I found those extremely helpful when I started planning. 

Any new knotties out there should feel free to post any questions they have--we're here to help!
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it is always this lame as you so eloquently put it.  We used to get more traffic but pp is right, the format changed scared off a lot of people I think.  If you have a question though the girls here are really helpful.  If you are just looking to kill time, try your club board those are always busy.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, it is very slow. That is why I don't post here much. I live in GA, but from Columbus and getting married in Columbus and the June 2010 is much more lively and active. Not to mention addicting.
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found the new knot message board format really annoying and not very user friendly, but I now check out the boards from this link http://columbus.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus and it is much better.  I don't know if this is how others view the Columbus board, but it seems a lot better to me!
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    About a year ago, it was phenomenal.  But a lot of brides have moved on to the nest.  Most of the posters on here now are newer knotties, and it's just a couple of us who are getting married in the near future.  And because of that, I've become more loyal to my month's board than here.  I'm getting married in 3 weeks, so I will have some vendor reviews soon to come :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards