Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

What were your favorite gifts to *give*?

We've discussed what we got, but what did you love giving?

Re: What were your favorite gifts to *give*?

• BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave our niece a baby doll that makes cute baby sounds and the Crayola Color me a Song that plays music faster when you color faster. We also got her the most adorable penguin PJs. For the baby twins that are on the way, we got onesies that say "Little Sister" and "Little Brother," and it made my SIL cry :/ I gave Courts a computer game, movie, iTunes giftcard and a t-shirt that he loves. I gave my sister a DVD set that she already has :( My parents are getting a print from the wedding, it should get here this week. And Courts gave his mom some oil paints - she used to paint a lot, but hasn't in a while and he wanted to help get her started again.

I love giving presents!
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I gave DH a 'Discovery Flight'.  He has been interested in taking flying lessons, so this company offers a 1 hour flight over DFW, and explains what you would be learning, and even lets you take over the controls during the flight.  So he had something to open, I got him a remote controlled helicopter.  It ended up being a really good one, and he has had a blast flying it around (and the dog jumps all over the place trying to eat it, hillarious!)

For DH's family (parents, sister, and her FI), we got them all a cooking class at Central Market.  Everyone was super excited!!!

For all of our grandparents, we gave them an engraved frame with a wedding picture.  The ones that have opened it in front of us have been really excited.

We got both parents a smaller version of our photo albulm.  DH's parents loved it.  Haven't given it to my mom yet.  We are doing Christmas tonight.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • edited December 2011
    My mom's Kindle was probably my favorite thing to give. Teaching her how to use it was hilarious. She asked how to turn the page and then kept flipping it over.

FIs presents are waiting on him still. I cannot wait to see his face when he unwraps the pics I had taken.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011

I was so excited to give DH his 3-D Fenway Park.  He loved it!  I was also equally excited about my mom's water fountain.  She loved that I remembered and that it was made for her with the grandkids handprints on it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We gave our niece a pillow pet and a recordable storybook from Hallmark.  I really didn't think she would think much of the book (she's four), but wanted to get it so she can 'listen' to us when she misses us.  DH and I took turns 'recording' each page.  She lives in San Diego.  But, she opened it and sat right down and listened to the whole thing.  Touched my heart.  ;)
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was so excited to give my FBIL his 'Shake Weight'. We make fun of the commercial so much that I had to get it for him, and his reaction didn't disappoint. Fi's nieces (21, 17 and 13) are so much fun to buy for, and I always get excited to put makeup and other girly stuff in their stockings so much so that their stockings are the equivalent to 2 or 3 presents. I tend to get carried away!!
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved everything I gave! This year was the first year that I seriously was way more excited about giving than anyone giving me anything.

FI loved his laptop and couldn't believe it.

The flowers girls loved their pj's I made them. (pics in bio/blog). This probably was my all time favorite. One of the girls took a bath in the middle of the afternoon just so she could wear them. Her mom told her she needed to change for dinner and told her mom she would wear a trash bag over them so she wouldn't get them dirty.

My cousin loved his mento/diet coke stuff.

I LOVE buying presents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Our gifts to my parents!  I used a groupon to make some canvas wraps of my mom's favorite family picture (with Chris included) and her favorite engagement picture.  For dad I made a photo album from all of the pictures we took last year when we took a trip to his home country.

And the best part of the night was when Chris, my brother and I surprised my parents with a flat screen tv.  They had no idea it was coming so it was really great to be able to surprise them.
  • edited December 2011
    I gave my nephew a dog (toy one not real) and he apparently loved it. He's only 1 and my sister said he kept hugging it. Then he would crawl with it and drag it with the little string so he could take him where ever he went.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine were probably: the spa day I gave my mom and a framed wedding picture (of our whole family on my mom's side) that I gave my grandmother.
  • edited December 2011
    My favorites were probably the FI's true religion cologne set that he wanted and my FBIL's knife. He's in the army so we found him a knife in the shape of a grenade with the army camo on it. And it was a spring loaded knife so he sat on the the couch for the next hour playing with it. lol
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite was definitely what "Santa" brought my 6 year old. He came & woke us up then ran to the back room where the tree was. When I finally made it back there he was standing there with his mouth open like WOW. It took him a minute but he quickly ran & jumped on it. Then made us go outside in 30 degree weather to ride it with him. He said this was the best Christmas ever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards