Tennessee
Options

East TN Brides

Hey! I'm just wandering if there are any other brides from east TN on here. I live near Knoxville. Where are you all planning on getting married? I'm still trying to decide.

Re: East TN Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011

I live in Rogersville! Getting married in Kingsport at Allandale Mansion.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, welcome to the board! I'm from Knoxville, getting married at First United Methodist Church of Knoxville with our reception at the University of Tennessee Visitors' Center Ballroom (what used to be the faculty club). If you are looking for venues in Knoxville, let me know and I'd be more than happy to point you toward some pretty places! Happy planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    VolRach865VolRach865 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    East Tennessee bride here.  I live in DC, but I'm getting married at Allandale Mansion in Kingsport.  I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere but my home town!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a east tn bride...but I'm currently living in salt lake city Utah. I'm looking for venues near Kingsport jc or Bristol...any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what you budget is, but Allandale Mansion & Agota Springs are really nice places in Kingsport. In Church Hill there is this neat place called New Canton Plantation. Also in Kingsport there is this neat place called Banq.  Jonesborough has the Storytelling Festival that is beautiful!! Also, in JC there's this neat place called the Loft i think, its a neat venue for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm Suz and I'm in the Knoxville area but I'm getting married in Cookeville because that is where FI and got our undergrad.

I wish I could throw out some ideas but I'm afraid I'm drawing a blank right now. Good luck though!
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! You gave me some new ideas! Of course allandale was at the top of the list, but i wanted something different! i wish u all the best 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I"m an East TN Bride!  Getting married in Greeneville!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Oaks Castle in Johnson City.

There are a lot of great venues in the Tri-Cities region:
    The Oaks Castle
    Venue - cool new place in downtown JC
    The Charles
    Agota Springs - Kingsport
    Storytelling Center - Jonesborough
    Parson's Table - Jonesborough
    Jonesborough Visitor's Center - super affordable
    Carniege Hotel - JC
    MeadowView - Kingsport
    BANQ - downtown Kingsport
    Bristol Train Station
    Maple Lane Farms - Johnson City

There are tons.
    http://tricitiestn.wedity.com/
    Above site is a good place to find photos of lots of venues.
  • Options
    kayleaandweskayleaandwes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hiya! I"m a Knoxville bride too, but like some of ya'll, I'm living out of town right now (currently in Louisville, KY with my FI). I haven't picked any places yet either but there are TONS of options in Knoxville.
    UT Gardens
    Sunsphere
    KMA
    Ijams nature center
    Bijou theatre
    Market square
    Knoxville Zoo
    Women's basketball hall of fame

Just to name a few :) 
    There's also all the towns near by like Maryville (Empire theatre, Dara's Garden, Maryville College campus?) and Gatlinburg/Townsend area (just google that one, there's too many to list).
    Good luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey i'm from knoxville & we're getting married at melton hill dam! pretty outdoor wedding :] wish everyone the best of luck!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are tons. If your having any problems or have any ideas of what you want but can't find it call A Perfect Pair Wedding and Event Planning she's great. www.aperfectpairwep.com She works with all budgets.
  • Options
    sombrasombra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Out of state but getting married in Knoxville.
    Our venue is Club LeConte downtown.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    check out www.agardenparadise.com The 1-800 number gets you to a free lance wedding planner who has several great venue options
  • Options
    lvernon4lvernon4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey I live in Johnson City, and did a lot of research on locations, I am doing my ceremony at Doe River Gorge, a beautiful camp in Hampton and my reception at the Coffee Company in Elizabethton. My brother works at DRG so I was able to do that for free, but the Coffee Company was the most reasonable reception location I've found and they are so great to work with! I would highly reccomend them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i live near morristown and my plans are to marry at mountain valley weddding chapel in sevierville area its so pretty there.

while im on here, i would like to offer all the brides to be a gift of a free mary kay facial. i can also hold  a skin care/color class for all of your bridal party and give you alsome discounts on any make up or skin care product you would like to get. it would be a geat chance for everyone to get their faces ready for your wedding.  i can travel to most of east tn and as i said before the facail and skin care/ color classes will be free just email me at bstarr0420@gmail.com and i can give you all other information you my want.
    i am so excited for my wedding to be here and be perfect. I cant wait to hear from everyone!
    good luck and happy wedding!
    xoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Greeneville Tn, I'm getting Married in Townsend the quiet side of the smokies at The Barn Event Center, its beautiful!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_east-tn-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:125Discussion:c89b8ee2-6580-4c48-a00f-0e4f0f5f6ae5Post:b766edd2-44d1-47b0-919d-2e7e82901b5a">Re: East TN Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married at the Oaks Castle in Johnson City. There are a lot of great venues in the Tri-Cities region: The Oaks Castle Venue - cool new place in downtown JC The Charles Agota Springs - Kingsport Storytelling Center - Jonesborough Parson's Table - Jonesborough Jonesborough Visitor's Center - super affordable Carniege Hotel - JC MeadowView - Kingsport BANQ - downtown Kingsport Bristol Train Station Maple Lane Farms - Johnson City There are tons. <a href="http://tricitiestn.wedity.com/" rel="nofollow">http://tricitiestn.wedity.com/</a> Above site is a good place to find photos of lots of venues.
    Posted by eastTNbride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hey eastTNbride,</div><div>
    </div><div>I was wondering if you could give me more information about Oaks Castle in Johnson City. I'm having trouble finding a website or phone number for them. Wedity has the wrong website address for Oaks Castle I believe. I'd really like to know how much it would be to have a wedding there as well as what it all includes.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards