Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Downtown or WDM Marriot?

Any opinions on either? Can't decide which direction to go?? Church/Ceremony is smack in the middle....

Re: Downtown or WDM Marriot?

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I would go WDSM. Just because parking will be a lot easier, as well as not having to try to navigate the streets downtown for OOT guests.

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree 100%!  I've been to a reception at the WDSM Marriot and it was awesome!  Parking is easy, and if you have a lot of out-of-town guests, it's super close to the interstate. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I love the Downtown Marriott!! But I am having my reception at the Renaissance Savery downtown, so I'm a little biased! I just love downtown! See, that to me offers more for OOT guests. If your wedding is a Saturday, guests can go to the farmer's market in the morning (I guess depending on when your wedding is) and there's just lots for them to do and they can just park their car and walk to restaurants, Science Center, Sculpture Park and over to shops in the East Village. It does present logistical problems so it is something to consider. Maybe if you have more in-town guests, the WDSM would be better.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    While I love downtown, I can see PP reasoning for having it in WDSM.  I might just be easier for guests to find and park. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards