Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Reviews for Florists/Cake

Any recommendations for flowers and cake?  Looking for decent/inexpensive.  Would much rather work with individuals than big companies. 

Re: Reviews for Florists/Cake

• edited December 2011
    Baum's is doing my cake. We got a three tier cake big enough to feed 125 people for $350. I used to work there, so I can vouch for the quality of the cake and decoration. They do good work.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a cake recommendation. He did a cake for my friends wedding in July. His name is Clark Robertson. Here's his facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=23422010&ref=ts
    He doesn't have a website. He told me a cake for 100 people would be between $175 and $250 depending on what we wanted.

I have no floral recommendations (individuals).
  • ellishughfanellishughfan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my coworker also recommended Clark. She and her family use him often.   He is in Livingston Parish, I think.  We used Gambinos and were very happy.
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Clark's from Livingston Parish, but he works at LSU. He doesn't do cakes as his main profession.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Little Cakes with Big Attitude in Alexandria...

it will be similar to this and they are so good and resonably priced... but yes they are cupcakes
    Brittany and Matthew December 28 USAF- Proud Fianc? Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hwilli8hwilli8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake - Gambino's

Flowers - I used a lady named Emily Stich from Trinity Flowers...she only does one wedding each weekend so you get her full attention.  And she's creative!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    cake i used ambrosia
    flowers a used billy heromans...great!!!
  • sonnierfayesonnierfaye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For florists I am using Bev Walker, her price may seem a bit steep ($2500) but she will do anything you want. If you decide later you want different flowers or more arrangements the price never changes and thats what I love about it. Her number is 225-721-1259.

For my cake I am using a lady by the name of Michelle Weller, also an individual out of St. Francisville and for the prices I had gotten for the same cakes she was really reasonable. For the brides 3-tier cake its going to be $460 and for the grooms toolbox cake itll be $250 and together they are going to feed about 200 people. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards