African American Weddings
Options

You & Your Sweetie

Where are you and your sweetie going for your honeymoon?  I've been so wrapped up with plans for my wedding, I haven't really given the honeymoon much thought.  I definitely want to go somewhere warm and tropical, but NOT too expensive.  Good Luck to me!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image

Re: You & Your Sweetie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The mister wants to go to St. Thomas but we shall see
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That is in his hands....but I did mention I want to go to Aspen....

www.weddingwire.com/kiwonaandhector
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the all inclusive resorts like:

www.sandals.com
    www.excellence-resorts.com
    www.secretsresorts.com

also search on www.bookit.com because you can get good deals on some of the above resorts that will include your flight
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are taking an international honeymoon, London, Paris & Africa.

But when I went to the Dominican Republic I had a great inexpensive vacation. If you don't have a passport you can go to the U.S. Virgin Islands.

I agree that all inclusive is the best, or maybe take a cruise to save money.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second taking a cruise.  You get more bang for your buck since you have food and entertainment all in one.  If you want to take excursions then you have to pay more, but IMO a cruise is the best way to go.  We've been on a Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruise and had a blast on both.

We're going to Vancouver, Canada.  I still don't have a full-time job so going somewhere like Europe was out of the question.  I at least wanted to go somewhere where my passport gets a stamp!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Those are good ideas ladies, thanks

@msapril0730: Thanks for the websites!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well Jamaica for me but its unfair as thats where my wedding is but i recommend
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    No honey moon for us :(
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's up in the air for us now. FI is going back to school in the fall so we'll have to work around his work and school schedule. Right now it looks like we'll have to wait a while before we can take one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi and I are going on a cruise in the Bahamas!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia.  We are getting married October 14, but going on our honeymoon on December 16.  We chose the end of the year so that we would be able to take more time off from work.  My office will close for the last week of the year, so I won't have to go back to work until after the new year.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Whereever it is it has to be tropical.  I love the sand, ocean, and palm trees.  The HM is his baby but he's bantered around places such as the Maldives and Hawaii. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not big beach people and money got tight so our dreams of Italy are going to be put off a year. So we are going to our favorite place New York stay in a big hotel and never leave except to take carriage rides in Central Park. I'm actually pretty stoked because the wedding planning is leaving me so busy I think I would have slept my way through Italy. 
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were hitting up Vegas 2 weeks after we get married. Were making it a long weekend, since we have boys and dogs to come back home too.  While were there were attending a friends wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're headed to Aruba the day after the wedding.... Can't stay the full week like I wanted cuz of the kids and dogs but wit will be a lovely 5days/4night stay....the hotel we found was inexpensive AND it was all inclusive!! The wedding is sucking us dry so the wedding was on a tight budget I even looked at the living social escapes when honeymoon shopping.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: You & Your Sweetie:
    [QUOTE]We're headed to Aruba the day after the wedding.... Can't stay the full week like I wanted cuz of the kids and dogs but wit will be a lovely 5days/4night stay....the hotel we found was inexpensive AND it was all inclusive!! The wedding is sucking us dry so the wedding was on a tight budget I even looked at the living social escapes when honeymoon shopping.....
    Posted by codom[/QUOTE]

Dido!  We leave for Aruba that following Monday after the wedding staying at the RIU Palace- Ariba all- inclusive resort.  I can't wait!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Belize for 8 days!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards