Texas-Houston

New Question....

So I ordered the invites...on the invitations I have the church address and the reception address- I opted not to do a reception card.  My dilema now is how do I tell my out of town guests about the hotel where I have blocked out rooms? Should I go back and order reception cards with that info just for tham or just make my own little insert for out of towners?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: New Question....

• edited December 2011

When I order my invites, I'm just going to make my own inserts. I was also going to set up a website with all my wedding info including hotels and things to do in case people want to stay a few days. Some of my out of town guests have never been to Houston before, so I want them to have the extra info :-)

You could also send out a mass email in case you get crunched for time.

• edited December 2011
    You could make a website and the put the website on a small card that you can make and include yourself.

For more information, please visit: ...//crabtreewedding.com (or whatever your site is)

Or make a small card that has the hotel names.  You can just use basic cardstock and print business card size enclosures.  I think that would work.
  • edited December 2011
    We just had an insert that said:
    Don't forget
    - To stay for dinner, drinks, and dancing
    - To check out website: "insert URL"
    - Hotel Block at __________

So I think for your situation maybe you could just add your own little insert card that says to check out your website for Accomodation infromation or someting liek that.
    Photobucket
  • ccrabtree02ccrabtree02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies....I think I might do a simple insert with a map of the church, reception hall, and hotel with the hotel info/ pricing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

When I met with the company that's handling my invitations, they suggested that we do not include a map. She said most people will just toss the map and look the directions up on google, mapquest or use gps. She said that for the sake of "being green" most people are opting out of the map inserts and putting a very small card saying "for more details, visit our wedding website" or something like that. On the website, you can put maquest/google mapped directions, hotel block information and site seeing info. Just a thought :) Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyName Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not including any extra inserts if I can help it. FI and I are making a website which will have information about booking hotels, where to eat, things to do, etc, with maps and links to websites or menus. the website will be printed directly on the STDs, and linked from our Facebook profiles. about 95% of my guest list uses a computer, and the ones who don't are family and can get the information from me or my parents personally. I'm going to try to limit mailers to STDs (should be sent within the next 6 weeks) and the invite proper with an RSVP card--that's it. the website will also include an online RSVP  that will be easier for many of our guests.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • ccrabtree02ccrabtree02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just mailed my Save the dates..tonight.  I put them inside Christmas cards.  Trying to kill two birds with one stone...I hope it is not considered tacky. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    when is the proper time to send STD cards?  I'm getting married in Oct and sending my cards in January.
    TTC #1 since 11/2010
    Me: 33 dx PCOS 11/2012
    DH: 37 SA 6/2012 - normal
    Cycle #1 on 50 mg Clomid 12/2012 - unsucessful
    Cycle #2 on 75 mg Clomid + Trigger 01/2013 - unsucessful
    Cycle #3 on 600 mg Vitex + acupuncture 02/2013

Anniversary
  • hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we sent our save the dates out five months before the date.

in the wedding invitation we had an insert (ordered from vistaprint) that said, "for more wedding info please visit www. our website. 
  • anhestyanhesty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i made my own insert for my invitation.  it works best and more affordable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards