Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Antrim 1844 B&B

Have any of you had your wedding at the Antrim 1844 bed and breakfast in Taneytown, MD, or are you planning to? Did you have a good experience? This place is on my list of possible venues. My fiance and I are planning an off-season wedding for about 70 people.

Re: Antrim 1844 B&B

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There were quite a few people who had their weddings there around the same time - I know Ragdolls was one, and her wedding pictures were beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything about Antrim is wonderful!!  Keith, their coordinator, is a Godsend - and their chef, Michael Gettier, is a culinary GENIUS.  Seriously - I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else.  We also had a MONSOON on the day of our wedding and had to move the whole thing indoors...and the staff absolutely couldn't have been more wonderful about (1) talking me down off a cliff that afternoon when the state of the weather became very apparent or (2) turning my last minute indoor ceremony into a breathtaking event.  There are a ton of pics in my wedding bio.  Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do what I can to answer them. ;)
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    wawajeannewawajeanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Rags on all the Antrim love.  They will never be a bargain venue, but especially in the off-season, the bang for your buck is off the charts.  We tried pricing out how much it would cost to get everything that comes standard at Antrim at another B&B venue and it was nearly twice as much.  The place is absolutely lovely and they take wonderful care of you and your guests.  And the food is fantastic.  Anything you can dream up, they can make.  My menu consult meeting with Chef Michael was my favorite part of the planning.We planned to do an outdoor ceremony, but had ridiculous winds on the day of and switched to indoors at the last minute, but it was really no problem at all.  Keith also let me hem and haw until the absolute last minute hoping for the wind to die down, which was so nice.I've yet to get around to making a married bio (uh, 4 months later), but if you want to see my pics this is the link:[url]http://jasonputsche.smugmug.com/gallery/8045312_deExT/1[/url]It's a lot of pictures, but if you get bored you can see what Antrim looks like when it's set up pretty casually.  (minimal centerpieces, etc)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for responding and sharing your experiences and photos. (Ragdolls, I loved your dress!)I have no doubt the Antrim is a beautiful spot for a wedding. We are considering an off-season wedding there due to the decreased cost. I live 75 miles from the Antrim. I was wondering how many visits you needed to make to the site prior to the wedding to make arrangements. Did you use a local florist, cake decorator and hairstylist? We are expecting about 70 people. I don't know how many guests you had, but I was wondering if they would give us a hard time for not having a ton of guests at an off-season wedding. Also, I know I should ask the wedding coordinator this, but were you able to purchase drinks by consumption only? I see from their packages that they include the price of alcohol. It seems unfair to charge everyone for use of the bar when maybe half of my guests won't be drinking alcohol.
  • Options
    devinrldevinrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend who got married at Antrim last September. She absolutely loved it and it really was a beautiful spot. My wedding will be too big for Antrim, otherwise I would have considered it. It would be perfect for 70 people.
  • Options
    The pictures look gorgeous!  They don't have any rates online, any idea of cost?  Trying to figure out if they are anywhere near being in our budget! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards