Honeymoon Discussions

Costa Rica in rainy season?

Hello! 
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon, and would love to go to Costa Rica. Only "problem" is... we're getting married in late May, therefore the honeymoon would be during the rainy season. Has anyone done this? I've been to CR before during Jan and it was amazing, but not sure how different the rainy season is on both sides of the country. We're looking for a mix between relaxation (beach) and adventure (rainforest, hiking, white water rafting, etc.) Any guidance would be great!! 

Re: Costa Rica in rainy season?

• i was ther in a week at the end of july (south of puntarenas on the west coast) in the really rainy season and it was fine. i mean it was humid but it only rained for a short time int he afternoon/evening. perhaps we were just there during a lucky week though--
    but i also know that the climate varies a LOT depending on whre you are in the country so do your research as to which part(s) you'll visit. they do vary.

• The central valley (San Jose, etc) is the rainiest part of the country, and even then it's limited to a few hours in the afternoon during rainy season. If you come to the pacific northwest of Costa Rica (Guanacaste), rainy season is pretty dry till about October. Today it rained for one hour. Yesterday it rained for one hour, also. Before that, it hadn't rained in a several weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went in June and the rain wasn't bad at all. We stayed near Arenal volcano and then went to Guanacaste. It would rain on and off but most of the time it was great. We stayed at Nayara near Arenal and it was AMAZING! I would absolutely recommend it to anyone.
  • I was there in August, on the Langosta beach coast.  It was rainy season then as well.  But, that didn't start until around 5pm every night.  That meant we had a beautful day beginning at 7am, then by the time we went to change for dinner, the rain started.  Cool with us.  It was VERY buggy at night though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• I am currently planning on going to the Westin Playa Conchal in mid-October...I am also very nervous about the rain and am even considering changing to either the Dominican or Jamaica. Does anyone have any experience with the pacific coast in mid-october. Weather forecasts predict rain everyday and I just do not want our honeymoon to be overshadowed by rain. Let me know of your experiences...
  • We just got back from costa rica and where there for the first week in September. We went to San Jose, la fortuna, monteverde and manual antonio. The only rain we had was in the afternoon/evening and is was never very much. We were able to do everything we wanted in the morning(hiking, zip lining, rappelling, etc.) without any rain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards