Florida-South Florida

Vendor Reviews!!!!

Can't believe I've actually gotten around to doing this (and not a year later)!!! I hope these reviews help some of you ladies!

Venue: The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Ft Lauderdale
: Pending Outcome
The food was DELICIOUS and the staff set up my room beautifully! The cocktail hour didn't go as planned, but that was Mother Nature's fault. If there were any problems, I didn't know cuz the coordinator handled it. The only complaint I actually heard was from my mom about the line for the bar being too long... we should've had 2 bartenders for the amount of people we had, but apparently we only had 1. Ahhh well... I didn't care.

I just have one HUGE complaint not regarding the wedding. The bridal concierge took PJ's bag that had his wallet and cellphone in it and said she would put it somewhere safe. Well, turns out it was stolen. His wallet was found on the side of the road and his phone is nowhere to be found. They should be held responsible for the phone and we've been trying to contact them about it, but they haven't returned our calls. Kinda frustrating.

Photographer: Joseph Casal Photography: Pending Pics
Joe is very talented and personable. I didn't even notice him most of the time at the wedding which is good! I only wish we would've taken pics around the hotel, but that was my fault. I didn't mention it to him... I was too busy in bridal bliss!!!

DJ: Infinity Sound Productions, Tony Hernandez: B+
The music was great, the uplighting was beautiful and they mixed some specific songs for me prior to the wedding so we could rehearse our dances. Only a few complaints, we paid for 25 uplights, but I don't think we even had 20 of them set up and we requested a mother/father dance which we never got. Besides that, they were great and I would totally recommend them.

Florist: Gil Sosa: A++++++
His work is AMAZING!!! He got EVERYTHING exactly how we wanted it! He really worked within our budget too! He IS a little difficult to get in touch with and he knows it and apologized to me about that, but his work speaks for itself!!! I do NOT regret hiring him whatsoever!!!!

Photobooth: Peekaboo Photobooth Company: A+
I had sooo much fun with this. This booth is a very roomy cabana that fits a TONNNN of people!! The tech was fun and very personable and the price was good. I only wish I would've gotten into it more!!

Cake: We Take the Cake: B+
The cake was SERIOUSLY delicious!!! I gave them a photo of what I wanted and they pulled it off to a T!!! They just gave me a hard time about what was included in our package with the venue and when they changed staff, it made it even more difficult.

Grooms Cake: Art Edibles: A++++++++++++++++++
Really nothing to say but WOW!!!!! Holy crap did Paul do an AWESOME job with the mustang cake!!! Not only was it extremely detailed with the dashboard dials, working lights, car alarm and spinning wheels, but it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy is EXTREMELY talented and super creative and seems to always be up for a challenge!!!!

Dress Store: Patricia South's: A Bride's Choice: F
I had nothing but problems with this place. We ordered my dress (paid in full) to find out 5 months later that it had been discontinued and they knew about it after 3 weeks! I wound up ordering another dress and when it came in, I went to pick it up and the consultants were extremely rude when I wanted to try on a veil. I DO NOT recommend them.

Alterations: Alterations by Reina: A++++++++++
Reina is one of the nicest people around and she's very talented!!! Her prices are AMAZING and she works sooooo quickly!!!! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend using her!!!!

Hair & Makeup (for me): Lutz Karpf: A++++++
He is AMAZING!!! Couldn't recommend him more! He is extremely meticulous and sooooo easy to get along with. He made me laugh (which calmed my nerves) and I just looooove him!!!

Makeup (for my girls): Dianna Pantalena: A++++++
She is sooo much fun to work with. She is really talented and fairly priced!!!! I definitely recommend her!!!

Favors: Donut Divas Candy Apples: A+++++
The owners of this company are super fun and sweet! I won the candy apples from a contest they held and they came out amazing!! All of their food stations are delicious and I highly recommend hiring them for your event!!!

Officiant: Rosario Cobar: A++++++++++++
This woman is amazing!!! We were honored she wanted to perform our ceremony for us and she brought such a sense of calmness to (at least) me! Her words were beautiful and we were just soooo happy with everything!
:: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::

Re: Vendor Reviews!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards